[54] ✽ Mission Successful ✽

Start from the beginning

Maybe it didn't mean anything to him because basically the two of you were work-related. Nothing else. There was nothing more supposing to bloom between the two of you, not even friendship but it occurred and with great difficulties.

You were not willing to throw them away for something trivial like this.

"It's okay. Your car, your wish."

You shrugged, pretending to not be affected. Jungkook studied you for a moment in silence and you desperately hoped he won't talk about it more.

"But it doesn't justify my unwanted attitude, please excuse me."

You gave him a small smile which was meant to assure him and it did. He looked relieved and content but you were not. That was it? Of course but again, why was he not even mentioning or looking like the incident affected him, just even a small bit?

Maybe it didn't.

You quietly scoffed to yourself. Slowly, rage and irritation were filling your veins. Jungkook, your boss, did a great job to not make things awkward but why were you still feeling this unhappy?

"Are you still sleepy?"

After that accident, definitely not.

You shook your head, "no."

Everything in your head was spinning and you held in a groan. Since when were you bothered if your boss cared about his relationship with you? Since when did you let such small things control your mind? You needed to get your focus back.

Glancing at him, he looked quite eased. If he was okay, why weren't you? You decided to push the memory of the event deep in your head like your boss did, as though it never happened.

If it didn't affect him, you were not going to let it affect you either.

During the small stretch of silence, you forced your brain to silence down all confusion and rather focus on Seokjin and his situation. Eunji and her family would be here anytime.

Knock knock.

"Hey guys," Seokjin carefully entered his room, "they are here. I need to head down and be with my parents."

"Are we staying here?" You asked.

"No. Both of you are coming with me as witnesses."

You glanced at your boss who was already watching you. Then looking back at Seokjin, you finally noticed how nervous he was. It tugged your heart and you could no longer stop yourself.

So you stood up and headed towards his direction, wrapping your arms around him to instantly soothe him in a hug. Seokjin was surprised but returned the gesture politely.

"It will be okay Seokjin. We are here with you."

"And I am so glad. Shall we go?"

You nodded and followed out of the room, Jungkook following behind you as he shut the door close. Your heart was beating rapidly and it was quite thrilling.