Chapter 53

Aqua's P. O. V:

Sam says to Cap through the earpiece, after having gone outside with Bucky, "Hey, Cap, we gotta situation here."

A heartbeat later, and a massive explosion sounds from outside the palace.

Bucky says, "God, I love this place."

"Yeah, well, don't start celebrating yet. Guys, we got more inviting outside the dome!"

More explosions rock the city and I exchange weary glances with mum, Cap and T' Challa, before those of us standing turn to the windows behind us. Thanos's men were attacking the barrier surrounding us.

I take a bite of noodles as Vision says, leaning up on his elbows, "It's too late; we need to destroy the stone now!"

I tell him as I turn to Vision, "Vision, get your ass back on the table."

T' Challa states, "We will hold them off."

Cap says to the Maximoff as I quickly finish my brunch, "Wanda, as soon as that stone's out of his head, you blow it to hell."

"I will," She says, nodding her head.

T' Challa orders, "Evacuate the city, engage all defences. And get this man a shield!" He adds, pointing to Cap.

 And get this man a shield!" He adds, pointing to Cap

Cap looks to him as he nods his head.

Before heading out, Cap pulls me aside as he asks, "Aqua, are you sure you're okay to fight?"

I nod my head as I say, "I'm not sitting out of this one, Cap."

"You know what I mean."

I know he means me being level headed enough to fight rationally, instead of letting my anger and hatred towards Thanos drive me into the fight and end up getting myself killed. He's also referring to my barely fully recovered head wound, but it was healed enough that I can stand and fight.

And get revenge.

I nod my head as I say, "I'll be fine. I see clearly enough. I still want revenge."

Cap grips my upper arms as he adds, "I just don't want you to rush into this and end up getting yourself killed. I know how reckless you can be."

I smirk sheepishly at that as I say, "Reckless? Who, me?"

Cap looks exasperated even as he smiles at me.

"I am glad you're alright. I was scared for you when T' Challa and Bruce told us what'd happened," Says Cap, voice soft as he hugs me again and pulls back before gently rubbing my arms.

I gaze up at him with half lidded eyes, immensely relieved that he's here.

Until a couple of people clear their throats, causing Cap and I to whip our heads around. Vision, Wanda and Shuri were gazing at us; the latter with a smirk and the former two with raised eyebrows.