Chapter 37

Aqua's P. O. V:

We soon reach Greenwich Station and Thor and I rush off, heading outside where people are screaming in fear and running away. Before us, is a huge, swirling tornado of aether.

"Thor! Aqua!" We turn our heads to see Jane and Erik running up to us. It was Jane who's called. "Thor! Aqua! We're too late." They stop on either side of me and Thor.

Erik states, "The convergence is its peak."

I ask as I glance at the devices in his hands, "Will those things stop it?"

"Not from here," Says Erik.

"We can't get close enough," Jane says.

"I can," Thor says before reaching past me to get the gravitational sticks from Erik. We watch as he runs straight into the aether, bending forwards against it.

"Malekeith!" Thor exclaims, instantly gaining his attention, causing the Dark Elf to turn.

"You have returned, Asgardian! Have you come to witness the end of your universe?" Malekeith questions.

"I've come to accept your surrender," Thor says before throwing the stick in his right hand but Malekeith easily catches it. I glance at Jane as she turns a knob on the device, which is now beeping loudly. The stick in the elf's hand vanishes, along with his hand. Thor throws the second and it embeds into Malekeith's left shoulder. That one, too, vanishes.

Along with Malekeith's arm as it disappears.

Malekeith wants to know, "You think you can stop this?! The aether cannot be destroyed!"

Thor responds, "But you can."

Moljnir soon comes flying past us and into the swirling tornado of aether. It crackles with lightning before Thor strikes Malekeith with it. The Dark Elf is thrown out of the tornado of aether and he strikes a building.

Jane instantly turns the knob again and Malekeith vanishes with a cry of rage.

The aether vanishes eventually, revealing an unconscious Thor. Gasping, I race over, Jane following close behind. We pause by a pillar, hearing a rumbling sound. We look up I see Malekeith's ship collapsing into the ground and tilting towards the Norse god.

"Thor!!" Jane and I scream worriedly as we race over to him.

Jane and I turn Thor over and try to haul him to his feet, but Thor is heavy.

Just as we were pulling Thor up, Erik calls worriedly, "Jane! Aqua!"

We look up to see Malekeith's ship nearing us. While Jane throws herself on top of Thor, shielding him with her own body, I stand before them defensively and hold up my arms, creating a massive ice dome in the hopes of protecting us.

I doubt it'll be strong enough to hold back this massive ship, but it's worth a try.

I brace myself for the impact, but a heartbeat later, the ship vanishes into thin air, making me blink my crystal blue eyes in confusion.

"Huh...? Where'd it go?" Even as I wonder, I still figure the ship must've gone to where Malekeith is, and I grin at the thought of the elf being crushed by his own ship.

Erik asks, "Everybody okay?"

I lower the ice dome and give Erik a nod as Jane looks to see the incoming ship vanished. Jane then hugs Thor, putting her head on his chest.