Chapter 11

Aqua's P. O. V:

The fighting on the ground continues as more Chitauri surround me. I spot Thor atop a tower, readying to summon lightning. I decide to help him out by summoning more rain to enhance his lightning.

We've teamed up like this before, back in New Mexico, when Thor was able to wield his hammer again.

I unleash another rainstorm on the city and Thor unleashes a powerful burst of lightning up the peak of the tower he's on. Whenever the electricity would touch the water droplets, it would spark and crackle even more wildly.

The massive lightning bolt strikes Stark Tower and shoots up to the portal. I could almost see him grinning in gratitude for the helping hand in amplifying his electricity.

"Aqua!!" Tony, Clint, Nat and Cap exclaim from near me and through the earpieces.

"Sorry! I was giving Thor a helping hand! Just deal with it!" I say, wincing a bit from the shouting in my earpiece, before I hold up my arms as countless Chitauri surround us, causing the rain to pause as it turns to countless tiny water droplets. It forms a giant dome around us as I then thrust my arms down with a grunt of immense exertion, and then freeze the water spikes into ice instantaneously. They impact the Chitauri surrounding us but some were lucky enough to evade them.

 They impact the Chitauri surrounding us but some were lucky enough to evade them

(Just like in the gif)

"She took out almost all of them singlehandedly," Cap says in awe.

"That's Aqua for you," Nat mutters.

I then hold up my hand and create a force field of water to shield my friends and I from the rain. I was going to keep it up to help Thor until he no longer needs it or I get drained completely.

 I was going to keep it up to help Thor until he no longer needs it or I get drained completely

"What is this?" Cap asks after a moment.

"It's Aqua's Water Barrier technique. It'll protect us from the rain," Nat explains as she continues fighting the Chitauri.

"Impressive," Says Cap as I feel him gazing at me.

I hold out my left arm and water wraps around it, before forming into a massive, swirling drill of water. I then bring my arm around and down on some Chitauri, crushing them and impaling them.