Chapter 30

Aqua's P. O. V:

After hanging up the phone, I start to explore the castle. While I was here in the vision Wanda implanted in my head all those months ago, I didn't get to see all of the castle.

I also got to meet Frigga, Thor's and Loki's mother and Queen of Asgard. She showed me the library and allowed me to keep one book as a keepsake, which I was really happy about.

I enter a room with paintings of Asgard Castle and other Norse beings and gods. There's a throne perched on a raised altar at the end, confirming that I'm in the throne room.

 There's a throne perched on a raised altar at the end, confirming that I'm in the throne room

As I was gazing around, I hear someone enter, and look in surprise to see it's Thor. I relax as my friend approaches me.

"I hear you'd just saved a whole planet before I arrived," I state.

"Vanaheim is secured, and we're going to celebrate the victory," Thor says.

"I think you mean your victory," I say, crossing my arms below my chest.

"You should join us. There are many who'd love to hear you sing," Thor says, gazing at me.

"I don't think I'm in the mood for singing tonight, but I might join the party," I murmur.

"Does this have anything to do with Steve Rogers? This is a similar conversation to the one I'd had with my father earlier."

I meet Thor's gaze as I blink my eyes before saying, "Yeah. Something like that. Carpe diem."

"What's that mean?" Thor asks.

"It's Latin for seize the day. It's used to urge someone to make the most of the present time and give little thought to the future," I explain.

"I like it. It feels inspiring," Thor says, giving me a small smile. "You did not seem too surprised when you first came here."

"Oh, I'm really excited. It's just... you remember the dreams Wanda implanted in our heads?" Thor nods. "Well, I saw myself living in Asgard... and I was married to Loki."

This causes Thor's blue eyes to bug in his head. "Loki?!"

"I know, I know. I didn't want to believe it, either. Ever since then, I'd started growing more feelings for him while having the same kind of feelings for Cap. Is it possible to love two people at once? Anyway, it was just a dream. It's not like it actually meant anything. That's why I didn't tell Cap," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"You're right. It's not like you marrying my brother would actually happen," Thor says in denial.

"Right. Maybe in another life," I scoff.

"Though, I feel as though you might maybe be a good influence on him," Thor tells me, quirking a blonde eyebrow at me. "He does seem rather fond of you in particular."