Chapter 28

Aqua's P. O. V:

I was watching Disney Pixar's Brave later that night when the TV suddenly flicks to the Mandarin again.

"True story about fortune cookies: the look Chinese. They sound Chinese. But they're actually an American invention. Which is why they're all full of lies, and leave a bad taste in the mouth. My disciples just destroyed another Chief American knock off. The Chinese theatre! Mr. President, I know this must be getting frustrating, but this season of terror is drawing to a close. And, don't worry! The big one is coming. Your graduation."

The Mandarin fires a bullet at the TV and it goes to the stripy screen.

I text Cap, "Did you see that?"

"Yeah. You alright?"

"I'd be better if you were here. How's it going with the research?" I respond.

"Still have no clue as to who this guy actually is, but we're trying," Says Cap.

"I'm worried about Tony. When Rhodey and I were with him today at lunch, he just... snapped. It was almost like he'd had an anxiety attack, or something," I say.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. You know how he is. I'll be back soon for Christmas, okay?" Says Cap.

"Okay, Cap. See you soon," I reply before I close my phone.

I look back at the TV to see the news reporter talking outside of New York hospital. She's got blonde hair and dark eyes.

"We're waiting for the arrival of Tony Stark. We're hoping he'll give us the reaction—his reaction—to the latest attack..." The woman trails off as the others rush over to the Stark who has now appeared on screen, looking extremely furious and worried for his friend. Happy had just been caught in an explosion that left him severely wounded and unconscious in the hospital. "Mr. Stark! Mr. Stark! We'd like to know your thoughts on the new Mandarin attack. Anything else you can tell us?"

"Mr. Stark! When is somebody going to kill this guy?" A male reporter asks as Tony reaches his car. Tony freezes before slowly turning around to him. "Just saying!"

"Is that what you want?" Tony demands, making him nod. "Here's a little holiday greeting I've been wanting to send to the Mandarin. I just didn't know how to phrase it until now. My name is Tony Stark, and I'm not afraid of you. I know you're a coward, so I've decided," Tony whips off his shades, "that you've just died, pal! I'm gonna come get the body. There's no politics here. Just good old fashioned revenge. There's no panic gone, it's just you and me! There's the off chancer, man. Here's my home address: 10 8 80, Malibu Point. 90265. I'll leave the door unlocked. That's what you wanted, right?" Tony takes the reporter's phone before chucking it at a brick wall behind him, making people gasp. "Sue me!!"

My jaw hits the floor and stays there as everyone goes absolutely nuts over what he'd just said, but Tony had just driven right out in his white sport's car.

After the news, I immediately call Tony to give him a stern talking to.

A moment later, and he picks up. "Yo, Seaweed Brain!"

"What the fuck were you thinking, Tony?!!" I scream into the phone, my face a little pale as I was really scared for him. "Do you have some sort of death wish?!"

"Oh, you saw me on the news. I was just thinking about getting revenge on my friend," He says flippantly, and I hear the sound of a screen moving as well as JARVIS talking in the background.

I get to my feet and pace as I talk, my free arm crossed over my chest. "Look, Tony, I know you're pissed off, but that doesn't mean you can just throw yourself at the enemy! You could get killed!"