Chapter 5

Aqua's P. O. V:

Once we were on the quinjet, I shove Loki into a seat as the hatch door closes. The Norse god was starin at me with astonishment and maybe a bit of amusement in his green eyes. Nat takes us up into the night sky, clouds obscuring us from below.

"Stop staring at me like that. It's annoying," I sigh as I walk past Tony and Steve and go to the front of the quinjet. I lean my hand on the back of the seat as Fury talks to Nat and I through the communication device.

"Has he said anything?" Fury asks.

"Nothing yet," I respond. "He's been very quiet." I take a quick glance back at Loki to see him still staring after me.

"Well, just get him here," Fury tells us. "We're running low on time." He then disconnects and I turn to go sit next to Loki.

I put my headphones on and play Once Upon A Dream by Emily Osment. I continue to ignore Loki as I lean back in my seat and cross my arms, closing my eyes as I sing along under my breath.

"I know you
I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you
The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
I know it's true
That visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you
I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
The way you did once
Upon a dream
Once upon a time
I dreamed we'd be together
In love forever
Once upon a night
I was wishing for a never
A never ending
Once upon a time...."

I trail off when I get the feeling of being stared at and crack an eye open to see Tony, Cap and Loki staring at me, the Stark grinning.

"What?" I demand, glancing from Cap to Loki.

"I had no idea you could sing," Cap says, astonishment in his voice.

The only ones who do know are Tony and Nat because of the party we went to a couple of years ago, when we thought Tony was dying. Nat had told him I could sing and he'd requested I sing a song or two, which I did.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Cap," I tell him flippantly. Tony chuckles. "I've been singing since I was five, but never took it as a career. I wanted to be a professional horse rider and trainer, but then I was thrust into this crazy life. So, I had to drop that first dram, but I'm still holding onto the second, no matter what."

"You would've made a great singer, though," Cap compliments, making me blush.

"She already is," Says Nat from the driver's seat.

I tighten my arms over my chest as I avert my eyes shyly, and continue to listen to my music.

I close my eyes in an effort to drown out Loki still staring at me, music flowing into my ears.

🌊❄️🌊❄️

I was jolted into alertness upon a flash of lightning. A nervous expression appears on Loki's face. I hadn't realised it'd started storming.

"Where's this coming from?" Asks Nat.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Cap asks sarcastically.

"I'm just not overly fond of what follows," Was all Loki responds with.

Before any of us could ask what he means, the quinjet jolts backwards violently. I was thrown into Loki, almost right into his lap. I quickly jerk away, glaring at the smirking god.