Chapter 28: Home

Olivia's POV

After mom left, I went up to check up on Aaliyah. She was fast asleep in the comfy bed. I went back downstairs & waited for dad. I looked down at the ankle monitor. I've been wearing it for a while & Aaliyah hasn't noticed it yet. Or has she & just hasn't said anything about it? I don't think she fully trust dad. Which i don't blame her for. Dad took Aaliyah to her appointment this morning. The doctors did clarified that she is indeed pregnant but too early to tell the gender. The look on dad's face was so joyful. He's so excited for this baby.

I don't think there's going to be any privacy for me anymore. He put a alarm on the back door now. That was my only escape from him. What's next the windows? Or cameras? Wait, don't jinx it Olivia! Can't have any surprises popping up on me. I heard the front door opened. Great, dad's home.

I straighten my posture as he walked past the couch. I heard him groan in pain as he sat down in his favorite chair.

"Are you okay, dad?"

"My back hurts like a bitch. I don't know if its my mattress or i'd pulled a muscle at work."

"Is there anything I can do?"

"Massage my shoulders?"

I quickly stood up & got behind him. He unbuttoned his green shirt & leaned back on the chair. I gently massaged his shoulders. He let out a low moan in satisfaction.

"How was the meeting, dad?"

"Fucking boring. I couldn't get the donuts because of an altercation in the break room."

"What happened?"

"Somebody ate the bosses lunch."

"Its okay."

"How's Aaliyah?"

"Good, she's sleeping."

"That poor child, pregnant at this age. Her parents are very disappointed in her."

"How do you know that?"

"I called them this morning before I left the meeting. We had a long conversation about this situation & they agree on me keeping the baby instead. Because they don't approve of the situation which I don't blame them for."

He talked to them this morning? Aaliyah is going to be devastated & angry when she hears about this.

"I see."

"I should sue the guy for pain & suffer. You think Aaliyah would let me do that?"

"I don't know."

"Why is your words so dry? Are you hiding something from me?" He turned facing me a bit glaring at me.

"No, sir."

"Hm" he turned back around "Have you eaten today?"

"Yes, sir."

"I was looking at a house in Indiana online during the meeting. Its closer to the school & pretty vintage. You like old things, don't you?"

"Yeah, sometimes."

I heard him sniffle a bit "Why do I smell vanilla?"

I paused, mom's fragrance! I forgot dad has a strong sense of smell. "Maybe its the new candles I bought."

"When did you buy vanilla candles?"

"A while back."

He rubbed his nose & snorted "Well, its very strong. You should get other scents instead."

"I will, next time."

Whew, that was a close one. I thought I was in trouble again. But then something shiny caught my eye. I looked over on the floor. A sliver bracelet was laying on the floor beside dad's foot. My heart pounded like crazy. Shit, damn, shit! I need to get it before he sees it. I used my foot to carefully drag it away from his. He's too distracted by this massage. I was almost  close to it until I fell over on his lap.

"Really Liv? Are you that clumsy?" He groaned "your worser then me when I was your age. I use to trick over anything including air."

"Sorry, dad."

I got of his lap & quickly bent down to grab the bracelet. Yes! Thank you lord for saving my bruised ass this time.