𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 11: 𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤

Olivia's POV

"Dad!"

I exited out of his office looking for him. I haven't seen or heard from him all day. His car is still out in the garage. Where could he be? He doesn't go for walks unless he's really pissed. I walked in his room to see him in bed groaning.

"Dad, are you okay?" I walked towards him.

"Don't come near me! I have a bad cold" He said turning over on his back.

His nose was red along with his cheeks. His eyes were puffy due to exhaustion. He must've been up all night.

"What happened?"

"I woke up & immediately vomited" He sneezed "Next thing I know I'm blowing my guts out."

"You need a doctor!"

"Already done, I called my local doctor. He said I had a sinus infection. I have to stay in bed & get plenty of rest" He said.

"Poor daddy."

"Oh shut up!" He coughed "Your enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Why would I enjoy seeing you being sick like this?"

"I can think of a lot of reasons why" He smirked "I know you have plenty of ways to torture me while I'm down. So, you might as well get it over with!"

"Your not thinking straight. You need to sleep."

"What? So you can kill me?" He said raising an eyebrow.

I pulled the covers on him & kissed his forehead "Get some rest."

I turned to leave but was soon stopped by his big hand grabbing my arm gently pulling me towards him. I froze knowing he would slap me but all he did was stare at me.

"Stay!" He whispered.

"You have to rest dad."

"I know but I want to hold you" He said looking away. Almost embarrassed by it.

I was taken back by his words. What did he just say? He wants to hold me? Last time he held me was when I was in middle school. Why now?

"Right now?"

"Of course" His blue eyes shined with hope.

I took off my shoes & crawled on the bed. He watched my every move making me nervous. What's he got up his sleeve?  I laid on his chest placing my hand on his precious heart. He snaked his arm around me hugging me tightly.  Inhaling his strong strawberry scent mix with baby power. Why do I find this weird? Maybe its because I haven't been touched like this in a while. I'm so used to his cold behavior.

"I assume your not gonna work for a while?"

"Oh I'm gonna work. I refuse to let my sickness interfere with my work" He mumbled in my hair.

"Typical you."

"You think you know me so well, don't you?" He said.

"I know you better you then anyone one else."

"Oh really?" He questioned "name something that I say on the daily basis."

"That is very unacceptable!" I mocked him.

He laughed. For the first time in years, he laughed. It made my heart soft for a minute. I miss that adorable laugh he does. It reminded me all the good times we had together.

"That sounds about right" He giggled "your a natural."

I looked over to the table to see a picture of him back in the 80s. I always adore his back in the day pictures. It tells many wonderful stories. He wore a huge afro with bell bottoms jeans. A typical normal style for the 80s kids.

"What happened?"

"Pardon?" He asked.

I sat up & looked at him "What happened to us?"

He sighed "Life baby & so much more."

"You know that I am here for you daddy."

"I know baby" He placed a hand on my cheek "And I appreciate it very much.

"I love you dad."

"I love you too baby" He said.