𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 16: 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

Michael's POV

I have a major headache right now. I don't know why but I do. I asked Olivia to get me some pain medicine an hour ago & she hasn't came back. I guess I got to get it myself. I grabbed my cane to lift myself up. Ever since I got out of the hospital, i've been having back problems. Olivia still haven't told me why I was in the hospital in the first place. Whatever it was, glad it wasn't nothing major. I'm just glad she didn't leave me to die. If she did, I was gonna come back & haunt her for the rest of her life. I walked downstairs holding the wall for support. I feel like a old man, I haven't even reached my fifties yet. I reached downstairs and made my way towards the kitchen. I opened the cabinet and found my desire. I happily took the bottle and closed the cabinet door.

Something smells sweet like vanilla. Did Olivia bake a cake for me? No, couldn't be. Her ass can't bake for shit, just plain horrible. I limped my way towards the couch. I sat down in my favorite comfy chair. Why do I keep smelling vanilla? It's all over the fucking house.

"It's my perfume, you wouldn't remember it because you didn't touch me anymore after I used it" A familiar voice said.

I immediately stood up not caring about my back anymore. Is this a dream? Is she really standing in front of me right now?  She stood there in gold & black looking like a goddess. Her light makeup made her even more attractive. Her long hair krinkled up with loose ends. She always knew how to do hair. She was a perfectionist, the only reason why I married her. She was a perfect woman that I dreamed of every night as a kid.

"After all these years, you managed to somehow to stay beautiful."

"How are you feeling?" She asked softly.

"What are you doing in my house?"

"I'm helping our daughter take care of you. She can't take care of a grown man by herself" She said.

"I don't need you in my life."

"I never asked you" She back-bite.

"Look woman, you need to get out of my house before we have some major consequences up in here."

"That's how you treat me after I helped our daughter take care of you? That girl upstairs has been sleeping for two days because of the exhaustion you caused her. You put a lot of responsibility on her back" She said.

I walked towards her ignoring the bad pain in my back. "How dare you go near my daughter after what you did?!"

"No, its what you did!" She snapped.

"I did? I didn't make you try to drown my daughter in boiling hot water almost burning her alive!"

"Keep your muthafuckaing voice down!" She looked upstairs for a second to make sure Olivia wasn't listening "You know, i would never physically or mentally hurt my child ever. You know the exact truth of what happened that day."

"Do I? I know that you tried to kill my child over a painting!"

She laughed "A painting? Is that what you think its about?"

"I know so, I came home to see my child screaming at the top of her lungs begging you to stop. Begging for me to save her."

"You are a liar!" She exclaimed.

"NO YOU ARE!"

"You know what, i'm not going to stand here & argue with you about this. You & I both know what really happened. And if you can't own up to it then your the one that needs to be in the mental hospital" She said.

"Get out of my house!"

"You are a sorry excuse of a man. I don't know I married you in the first place" She said.

"Excuse me?"

"I tried to love you from the day I met you. I couldn't do it, you were not the man I wanted. My mother said it was the best choice I ever made in my life. But little did she know, I married a asshole & a manipulative little bitch" She said.

Before I knew it, my hand went flying across her face. She gasped & return the favor. I held my cheek, I felt a bad metallic taste in my mouth. I looked at her as horror went across her face. She grabbed her purse & exited from my house immediately. I took a deep breath before my blood pressure went sky high. I looked upstairs, Olivia your in big trouble.