𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 7: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Olivia's POV

"You're hotter then a summer day in California."

"You got me meltin' like a sundae, I want ya

"You got me meltin' like a sundae, I want ya."

"Your so off-key" Aaliyah laughed "This is why we would never be in a girl group together. You have bad vocal chords."

I laughed "I'm not that bad."

"You need to work on that a little more" She said giggling.

"I can't wait for school to start back."

She scoffed "Seriously? We have two more months of summer & your thinking about school already?"

"I can't help it, I miss the long hours of English class."

"Your still writing?" She leaned back on my bed.

"Yes, in fact I'm almost done with my book. I'll call it "Freedom". Its going to be amazing."

"You think your father is going to let you become a author when your still living with him? Let along him trying to budge in?" She asked.

"He's just gonna have to accept it. I'm gonna eventually get my own place & it wouldn't interfere with my work."

She sighed "I wish you could move in with me. We could be roommates & go to school together. Have fun & do whatever the fuck we want" She sat up "I don't understand why your dad held you back a few grades."

"He wants me learn the same thing twice before I get out into the real world. Its like a motivation to him."

"Your almost grown, your going to be the only adult in a 10th grade classroom" She exclaimed.

I shove my head down in my pillow "I know, its pathetic."

"Just talk to him about it" She said.

"Oh no" I lifted my head up "most definitely not."

"Why?" She asked.

I thought about my bruises especially the one on my stomach. It hasn't quite healed up yet. Dad gave me some special cream for it. I don't want another whipping. I can't go through that again.

"It just won't be a good idea."

"Just try" She pressured.

"Aaliyah!"

"Go!" She demanded.

I stood up & walked towards my door. I opened it & stood on top of the stairs. I looked back at Aaliyah who was leaning on my door frame motioning me to go. I took a deep breath before walking downstairs. I walked down the hallway & stood in front of his office door. I knocked on it three times.

"Come in" He said.

I opened the door to see him sitting in his chair messing with some paperwork. I closed the door behind me.

"Hey, dad."

He hummed in response not looking up from his work. I tip-toed towards the shelves nervously leaning on it.

"What you doing?"

"Working" He mumbled.

"C-can i ask you a question?"

"What is it? He said.

I licked my lips forcing myself to speak "c-can I go to the 12th grade this year?"

He stopped what he was doing & looked up from his work. I thought for a second his eyes turned brown but they stayed icy blue. He dropped his pen & gave me a straight face.

"Sure" he said simply.

"Really?"

"I looked over your previous work & decided to let you go on to the 12th grade. Wouldn't make sense to learn something three times in a row. It makes you look like a dummy" He said.

I laughed awkwardly "Thank you, dad!"

"One more thing" He paused "The next time you talk about moving away from here, I will tie you up & beat you until you pass out."

My legs begin to shake. I can feel my urine coming down. I crossed my legs avoiding pissing on myself. He was listening to my conversation. But how?

"Yes, sir."

"Now get out of my office!" He went back to work.

I quickly ran upstairs almost tripping over my own feet. I ran inside my room closing the door behind me. I sat on the bed panting. That was intense.

"So? What did he say?" Aaliyah asked concerned.

"He said yes."

"See, I knew you could do it!" She said.