𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 9: 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

Olivia's POV

"Olivia! Come here please!"

"Coming!"

I quickly ran downstairs & down the hallway into my dad's office. He has two offices. One upstairs near his bedroom & the other downstairs. He sat in his chair frowning & shaking his head in frustration. He has a jacket on with no t-shirt along with his black pants that has drip spots. I assume he just got out of the shower.

"What's wrong dad?"

"Can you please dry my hair with this towel & fix my curls? I have some important papers to finish at the last minute" He asked softly.

"Yes, sir."

I walked behind him & begin to dry his wet hair.

"I got a phone call from the mental hospital today. Your mother is getting out tomorrow" He said.

I stopped for a moment. She's getting out tomorrow? That's impossible! Dad had her locked up there forever. How is she getting out?

"That's good news?"

"Its bad news!" He groaned "She's the last person I ever want to see. If she steps foot on my property, I'm gonna stomp her to next week."

"Dad!"

"Don't give me that shit" He said "She's dead to me!"

"But she's my mother" I dropped the towel "I deserve to see her."

Before I knew it, a sharp pain burned my right cheek. He slapped me! I held my cheek in shock. His eyes were brown in anger.

"Don't you ever fix your lips to say that shit out loud ever again" He whispered.

"I'm sorry."

"That woman is not allowed in this house or your life. She's dead to the both of us. I don't wanna ever hear you say that again" He said "do you understand?"

"Yes, sir."

He turned back to his work again. Tears ran down my cheek as I fix his curly hair. Why does he hate her so much? What did she do to him? She deserves to be in my life no matter what.

"Pour me something to drink" He ordered.

I quickly went over to the mini bar & pour the brown liquor. I gave him the glass & went back to my duty. He groaned again trying to figure out his work.

"This is why I hate working for these people! They don't know what the fuck their doing" He exclaimed.

The door bell ring. I ran downstairs & opened the door. I covered my mouth to see the person I've always wanted to see.

"Mom?"

"Mom?"

She smiled at me with tears forming up in her eyes. Here she is standing directly in front of me. I ran towards her, hugging her. Inhaling the vanilla scent that she always wear. She stroked my hair saying "I'm back."

"OLIVIA? WHO'S AT THE DOOR?" Dad yelled from the inside.

I let go of her & thought of something quick "Its Aaliyah, give me a second."

I closed the door & held her hand "Mom, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see my baby" She said softly. Oh god, how I miss her voice. That sweet, calming, relaxing voice.

"You can't be here. Dad doesn't want you around here or with me."

She chuckled "Sounds just like your daddy."

"I thought you were getting out tomorrow."

"I got out today instead. I wanted to see you. I miss you so much" She said placing her hand on my cheek.

"I miss you too mommy."

She pulled something out of her yellow purse "Here, call me so we can meet up."

I took the piece of paper that she handed me. I smiled with joy "I will."

"I love you baby" She said.

"I love you too mom."

She kissed my cheek before walking down the sidewalk. I laughed to myself. I finally saw her! After all these years, I finally saw her. She's still beautiful & peppy. I wish that dad would just let go of the past. Mother couldn't be a bad person even if she tried.