39

The army approached their enemies quietly through the forest- well as quiet as they could for being a bunch of armed warriors. Nia signalled the group to slow down and fan out surrounding the area where they had seen the Telamarines camp. For a moment everything was quiet,  the forest stilled as if waiting in anticipation of what's to come.
    Suddenly something clicked in Nia's head, "It's a set up...It's a set up!" The girl yelled, but was too late as the enemies soldiers had started to attack from the outside, trapping them in.
   Arrows went flying around them, beside her Peter was fighting off a minotaur as the once silent forest erupted into chaos.
    Dodging an attack from a soldier, Nia stabbed the him and turned to Peter, "Go back and get reinforcements!" She yelled over the noise of the fighting.
    "I'm not going to leave you!" Peter tried to argue as they both kept fending off the assailants.
     "We will all die if you don't go get help!" The girl yelled again trying not to get too annoyed at the king, "Just go! We need backup and we need it now!"
    Reluctantly, Peter nodded. Turning back to the battle, Nia grabbed a Telamarine soldier by the back of his armour and pulled him to the ground before stabbing through his armour and into his chest. She cringed slightly at the feel but had other things to worry about as another quickly took his place.
   Peter returned back to the campsite panting, immediately Edmund knew what had happened and started gathering soldiers and leading them out towards the fight. Enne looked on with worry with the other healers as she walked up to Peter to heal him.
    "How bad is it?" She asked carefully, as she healed some of his wounds
   Peter laughed slightly, "Oh not bad at all, quite a walk in the park if I'm being honest"
    Enne rolled her eyes, "God, you and Nia are way too much alike for your own good."
    Peter smiled and got up from the tree he was resting on, "Nah she's definitely more annoying" He grinned as he walked backwards into the forest. He gave Enne one last wave as he turned and ran towards the battle.
    The Narnian army was holding steady but the surprise attack from the Telamarines drew them back in their plans. Nia looked around as she saw the zombie soldiers keeping the enemies at bay with ease, sighing she turned and started rounding up the wounded warriors and organizing trips back to the healers. One severely wounded soldier with two who were only mildly injured would travel back to the camp and get healed, then when they return the next would go.
    Nia had never been more grateful for an army of zombies in her entire life. The undead were unable to be killed- because well, they were already dead. They gave the Narnians the advantage they needed as they waited for reinforcements to come.
Nia scanned the trees as she sent another group back to camp, Peter where the fuck are you?
    Suddenly a yell was heard from the direction of their camp as Edmund rushed through followed by the rest of their army. Nia smiled and waved to Ed as he passed while stabbing a minotaur in the side. The battle was slowing as both sides grew tired. The zombies apparently had a max damage capacity and started to fall apart when they got hit too many times. With the zombies falling out, the Telamarines were quickly gaining the upper hand.
    Nia spotted the blond king amongst the crowds of fighters and was about to make her way towards him when above them the moon shifted into a deep red tint, casting a crimson light over the battle in the forest. Nia felt a surge of bloodlust grow within her and a new sense of power overtook her. She looked towards the moon and felt herself call upon the mountain children. It wasn't something she could control, it was already happening before she knew what was going on. Deep down there was a little voice telling her to try to fight it, but she didn't want to, she was too far gone. Her new power was enough to draw them out of hiding, she had sensed them coming and all the warning she could muster was one glance at Peter.
     As soon as the high king saw the red sky he looked towards Nia. She had gone still, even facing away from him he could tell that something was up due to the looks of terror on the surrounding soldier's faces. Nia turned and their eyes met, an understanding was exchanged between them and filled Peter with dread. Quickly he started gathering all the Narnian soldiers, "Start climbing the trees, all of you!"
    The Telamarine army looked on confused as to what was going on when around them the noise of creatures running through the forest filled the air... and then nothing. The forest had gone eerily silent.
   Nia was the only Narnian left on the ground in front of the army of Telamarines, she looked up at Caspian and his uncle, eyes blood red. She grinned, and in the darkness of the forest, several hundreds of red eyes appeared behind her.