13.

A/N: this is where my tremendous lack of knowledge about narnia comes into play, you have been warned. I skimmed the wiki page but that's as far as I'm willing to go for this fic. Also I know they all take place in different times and certain characters wouldn't exist or whatnot but truly I do not care
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dude I almost died, you have to"
"You can't keep using that excuse" Ed groaned throwing Nia the last pear. The girl grinned back at him, "I can and I will"
Ed rolled his eyes, walking back to his seat where he and Enne were in an intense game of chess.
"Nia you wanna play winner?" Enne asked turning to her friend,
"Now why would I do that to myself when I could do literally anything else" Nia said sarcastically, "plus you guys play the boring version"
"you mean, the way it was meant to be played?" Ed asked shaking his head
"whatever, you two have fun. Imma find Susan and Lucy, apparently we're expecting guests soon?"
The chess players shrugged as Nia hopped off the table she was sitting.
"Hey! do you know where Lucy or Susan are?" Nia asked a soldier,
"Queen Lucy is in the garden and Queen Susan is in the library" the centaur said bowing his head
The girl tilted her head at his seriousness, "well ok then, thanks man- er half man?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Lucy!"
"Nia! What's up?"
"Nothing I'm boreddd" Nia groaned laying down on a bench. The younger girl giggled, "Well you could always hang here, but I happen to know how much you enjoy wandering the castle" Lucy started braiding flowers in the girls hair.
"Last time I got in trouble" Nia whined
"What are they gunna do tell Peter on you?"
Nia sat up, "huh, you're right. Well I'll see you later tiny queen, have fun with Tumnus" Nia winked nodding her head to the approaching faun. The two exchanged pleasantries before Nia was off again in search of something to quench her boredom.
Nia took several moments to admire the architecture of the castle. Tracing the detailed engravings on the walls and spinning around the decorative columns, the girl aimlessly wandered around the castle missing her headphones and music dearly.
"What the fuck are you doing? Have you finally lost it?" Peter said smirking while leaning on a wall.
"Ugh, its you" Nia turned, snapped out of her daydream. "Don't you have kingly stuff to do"
"Was just on my way to do just that,"
"Can I come?"
"No"
"Too bad that was a trick question, Im coming anyways" Nia smiled innocently as they headed off to the meeting

Nia left the meeting approximately two minutes after attending, "fuck this is boring" she whispered to the king before patting his head and leaving,
Lost in thought the girl let her mind drift, from appreciating the scenery, to thinking about how she almost died, to what would happen if a human wanted to hook up with a faun or a centaur. She stopped, smacking directly into the armoured chest of a soldier. Stepping back she realized there was a whole army and a king and what seemed like his son looking at her with curious gazes.
"Prince Caspian" Nia heard Peter's stiff kingly voice from behind her, "We welcome you and you're uncle into our kingdom". Turning she glared at Peter who was trying to hide his laughter. He did a pretty good job but Nia could tell he was enjoying her embarrassment.
"And who is this...." Caspian raised his eyebrows at the girl
"That is one of the heroes of the prophecy" Peter gestured his arm out to you
Nia hesitated, what the hell do I do here, she curtsied awkwardly.
"That" Caspian looked between Peter and Nia, "is the great warrior"
The girl was about to go off when Peter interrupted, "Yes and it'll do you good to show her the respect that she is due" He was pissed, Nia knew because he was using his I'm a king You do what I say voice. She cleared her throat, "Um, I'll go get the others"
She turned, "Oh look! They're already here"
Susan and Enne shot her questioning looks as they sensed the tension between the king and the prince. Nia waved them off mouthing "too much testosterone" rolling her eyes.
Caspian's eyes briefly looked over the six of them unimpressed, until his eyes met Susan. Nia and Enne both raised their eyebrows, noticing how the prince didn't take his eyes off Susan while Peter talked. Turning to each other, biting their cheeks desperately they tried not to laugh. Susan sent them a secret glare catching on to what the two were on about.
"And these are the heroes of the prophecy" Peter introduced, tuning back in Enne elbowed her friend to pay attention.
"pleasure to meet you" Enne bowed her head slightly, Nia looked Caspian up and down unimpressed, "yea what she said".
Caspian frowned slightly, "They don't look like much" he tried to make a joke.
Enne's hand instantly fell to her friend's arm as Nia stepped forward threateningly. Seeing the look on the smaller girls face he stepped back. Peter watched amused, "Oh trust me, they're more than enough"
"We should leave the royals to discuss...things" Enne said slowly dragging Nia out.
Nia pointed a finger at him then made the slitting throat motion with her thumb as she left, both her and Enne had to contain their laughter as Caspian suddenly took a few steps back in fear.
"You need to stop threatening people who don't like us" Enne laughed
"you act like i do it often" Nia exclaimed offended
"Yea? What about that time that faun gave me the wrong food for dinner?"
"You're too nice to complain about it so I said something"
"You threatened to "make him wish he was born a goat"" Enne laughed, "And the time you nearly got in a fist fight at the market because a talking badger "looked at you funny""
"Ok in my defence, I was on my period that week"