Chapter 57: Making the Choice

You got out of the bath and slipped a robe on while Sarah and Charnette closed their eyes. You told them to open their eyes when you were covered. They guided you to a chair in front of the mirror. Charnette combed my hair back and Sarah started to work on my makeup. She took her time with the makeup and Charnette would fix a few things here and there but Sarah did all of the makeup. When my hair was dry Charnette combed it forward and started fixing my hair. She had elegant white pins and beautiful clips that she would use in my hair, and when she was done I looked at my face in the mirror. 

   ' I shouldn't be sitting here getting married to a man who killed my friends. I shouldn't be here. '

   " We need to get your dress on. " Charnette said.

   " Alright. "

I stood up from the chair and walked out of the bathroom. I looked at the dress once more and I could see the night sky underneath the cloth.

There were white dot-like stars decorating it and it looked like the night sky was under the white material

   ' Of course he would include stars on my dress. I didn't pick any out at the store so he picked this one. '

Sarah and Charnette unzipped the back and the top. They let the gown fall to the ground but they held one side of it. I stepped in the middle opening of the dress and looked at the maids.

   " Please close your eyes, I'll pull it up, because when I derobe I only have my underwear on. "

   " What ever we can do to make you comfortable. "

   " I would want to leave to be comfortable. "

The maids let go of the dress and I took off my robe. I tossed it aside and started pulling the dress up. I zipped up the bottom and pulled the top on myself and zipped it up. I told the maids to open their eyes and they fixed up some things about the cloth and made sure the zippers were zipped all the way up and hidden beneath the cloth of the wedding dress. I stepped into the shoes and they started picking out jewelry for me to wear. They put dramatic earrings on my ears and a bracelet on my wrist. I looked into the mirror and I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror.

   ' I look good as a bride. '

Sarah and Charnette walked out of the room and left me alone in the bedroom. There was a bouquet of flowers on the dresser waiting to be walked down the aisle. There was a knock on the door and I turned around to ask who it was because if it was Quinn he was going to stay outside.

   " Who is it? "

   " Sam Sutcliff from The Prosan Empire. "

   " You may enter. "

The door opened fully and a knight walked in. He wore clean and stunning armor and his ice-blue eyes were singing brightly. His light brown hair wasn't styled but it looked perfect without being styled.

   " You're the one Elina wrote to me about. "

   " Yes, I am here because she has asked me to help get you out of here. But only if you have no other escape plan. "

   " Well, it seems you have two options lass. "

I looked towards the closet and saw Benjamin walking out of it.

   " How long have you been there Ben? "

   " I just got here. It seems you have two options to escape lassy. "

   " Have you gotten Jin out yet? "

   " Not yet, we're getting everyone set up to fight back. We're ending this tonight. We plan to get Jin out right before the chaos starts, but I came to see how you wanted to escape. It seems you've got two options. Which one do you want to go with? "

   " Queen Elina just wishes for your safety. As long as you're safe she is happy. But if you come with me I can bring you to her. She's very upset that Genevive and Aileen are gone. And she wants to see you. "

I looked between the two men in front of me and I started to think about who it would be best to go with. I could hear the violins start to play and I knew that the wedding was starting. Ben hid underneath the bed when the guard opened the door and gestured for me to leave. I nodded and the guard kept the door open for me. I looked between the bed and the guard in front of me.

   " Please shut the door, I need another minute. Please. "

The guard nodded and shut the door. I started thinking things through and I knew I didn't have long before I had to decide.