Chapter 49: Defeat

Quinn brought me into the throne room and the castle had completely changed. The red and gold colors were gone and replaced with modern colors. The walls were made of quartz with black and silver accents and they looked elegant. I looked around the throne room to see all of the changes, and I couldn't believe it.

   " Yes, it's very different from when my father sat on the throne. "

   " It is. Why quarts and silver? "

   " It's elegant and graceful. Definitely better than gold and red together. They work together but it's old. And after killing my father I would rather not be reminded of why I was wiped and lashed. "

   " It's different. "

   " It's better this way. Now come up here. "

Quinn stood by his throne, he wasn't sitting in it. I didn't move from my spot and he just rolled his eyes at me.

   " Fine, do what you wish. Bring them in! "

The doors to the throne room opened and the guards started escorting people into the room. There were two girls and one male. They had black bags over their heads so I couldn't see their faces. There was a guard for each of them. They walked in front of the throne and made them kneel in front of Quinn and his throne. A guard walked over to me and grabbed my arms. He unwillingly brought me closer to Quinn and I stood beside him. The guard didn't let go of my arms, but he held them tight.

   " Y/n, these are criminals who need to be punished. You are going to punish them for me. "

   " What do you mean. "

   " What I mean is that you've angered me and the same goes for these people. So, you've set their fate for them. I'll read you their crimes when the bags are lifted off their heads. The first one please. "

The guard lifted the bag off of the first lady's head. The guard threw the bag to the side and Quinn grabbed a piece of paper with her crimes on it. The woman was someone I recognized very well, and who I hoped I would see again one day when she was feeling better. 

   " Genevive. "

Her eyes were open and she was in a sweat. She looked better since when I left her. 

   " Genevive Williams you have been charged with multiple accounts. First, you've been charged for withholding information about King Francis's affair. Second for, unwillingly performing your duties. For this you have been sentenced. "

The guard drew his blade from his sheath and raised it above his head. I started to struggle against the guard who was holding me back.

   " Wait! She didn't know, about Ray and your father! She didn't know and how can she work when she is sick!? None of this is right!? "

The guard kept the sword raised above his head, and I screamed at him to stop. I struggled against the guard holding me, and another guard came to help hold me back from running to Genevive.

   " You've been sentenced with death. " Quinn spoke.

   " No! Stop! Quinn stop!" I cried feeling my hot tears pouring out of my eyes.

The guard swung the sword down and I felt like everything went slower. I starred into Genevive's eyes and she still looked sickly. Her eyes had tears in them, but she showed me a small smile before the sword made contact with her neck.

   " It's okay. " She said with a weak voice.

Then the sword went through her neck. Her body went slack and her head hit the floor. I felt my own body start going slack and I went to the floor with the guards following me. I stared at her body traumatized.