Chapter 21: The Start of Possession

Instead of taking you to your room, he took you to his. He felt that you would ask questions when you got up, and he wanted to be there to answer them. Anything to get you and Jin separated from each other. He walked on to the royal floor and passed by his parent's room, where yelling could be heard. He didn't want to listen to the yelling, but he was too curious. 

   " I don't see why you're making a big deal about this, Francis! "

   " Because Aileen, they need to be put in their place! "

   " By hurting them? By putting fear into their hearts? That doesn't sound like a good ruler to me, it just sounds like you're losing yourself! "

   " It is the only way for them to not leave the palace! I know I already have enemies and some are in my own village, but I will not have any here in the palace! "

   " All you care about is your status, your riches, and this stupid crown on your head! You know what? I am done! "

   " Done? "

   " I'm going to file for a divorce! "

   " You can't do that! "

   " Oh, and why not? Because it will ruin your status and start making everyone question your abilities to be a king. "

   " Because now that I have enemies, they will go after you and use you as a bargaining chip. "

   " Like you actually care about me. If they did use me I would be killed because you wouldn't listen to them. "

The arguing stopped and he watched the lights turn off. Quinn knew his parent's marriage wasn't a great one and it seems now that his mother has gotten smarter. He felt proud of his mom. He continued walking to his room, passing his younger sister's doors, without making a sound. When he got to his room, he opened the door and shut it behind himself, locking it. 

He set you on the bed, and ignited his lamp, beside his bed. The flame was small, but bright enough for him to look around the room, and see the shadow of objects. He put his blanket over you, to make sure you were warm and grabbed a chair to sit by the window and stargaze. He felt calm as he sat and looked at the stars, nothing was in his mind right now except for that painting he would see every now and again in his mind. This time the image seemed clearer.

He turned to look at your sleeping figure and his heart was beating rapidly in his chest. He had an idea, one you wouldn't know about until he told you, and he never would. Of course, in his mind were many plans to make you his, but this one would need to commence now, and it would only satisfy his need. He stood from his chair and slowly walked towards you, so he didn't awaken you. He reached the bedside and leaned over you. 

   ' Quinn, just peck her, it doesn't matter where, but at least satisfy yourself a little. You might not get this chance again. '

He leaned down and kissed your forehead. His lips made contact with your skin and he felt elated. Your skin was so soft, and he wanted more of it. His mind was slowly slipping away from him. Unconsciously his mind screamed for more, and so did his body.

He kissed the middle of your nose, and then lead a trail of kisses across your cheeks, careful not to wake you up. He had kissed your ear lobes and lower jaw, making butterfly kisses. His skin felt so warm, being close to yours and his yearning grew deeper. When he slightly pulled away, he knew there was only one spot left that he didn't kiss, your lips. He looked at your lips and they had looked so soft and kissable. 

He felt shifting underneath his hands and he backed up, away from you. You were waking up, and he didn't get a chance to kiss your lips. He walked back to his chair to sit down and pretend like he wasn't violating you. When you fully sat up you looked around the room and recognized that it was not your own. You put your hand over your eyes and rubbed the wetness from them.

   " What happened? "

   " You fainted, while we were in town. "

You turned to see Quinn sitting in his chair facing the stars, he turned around to face you, hoping you didn't realize what he did. You showed no recognition in your eyes and it made him relax. He stood up from the chair and walked over to the bed, taking a seat beside you. 

   " Jin...he...he joined the revolution a-and...he killed an innocent man for his initiation. "

   " So, you do remember what happened before falling dormant. "

   " Yeah, I do. "

Quinn grabbed your hand and held it tightly. You looked into his eyes and it made his heart crack. Your eyes were red from crying and he could still see tear stains running down your cheeks. He wished to never see you like this again. It wasn't ugly but it was heartbreaking.

   " I did warn you, Y/n. He's an assassin, and he lives to kill. That's his job and purpose for my father, nothing else. "

   " Stop. "

   " Y/n, I just want you to realize that-"

   " I said stop! "

You pulled your hands away from him and backed away to the corner of the bed. You knew you were going to confront Jin, you needed to, but you didn't know how. Quinn felt a small spark of anger light inside of him, but he didn't express it. You slowly got off the bed and started walking to the door to leave. This was the opposite of what Quinn wanted, he wanted to comfort you when you awake but it was not meant to happen.

   " Stop, Y/n. Don't leave. "

   " I want to. I want to go to my room and sleep for the rest of the night. "

   " No, rest here. The bed is most likely more comfortable than a bed in the maid's quarters. Just go back to sleep, my dear, and rest your soul. "

   " No, I don't want to-"

   " Y/n, that is an order! "

Your body froze. You didn't want to stay in there, but at the same time he was putting your job on the line, and you didn't want your payment to be reduced because you didn't stay in the room for one night. But you felt uncomfortable, you felt that if you stayed it wouldn't be good. It was a feeling you had in your gut. Your hand was placed on the door handle, ready to leave but your mind still didn't produce the answer of if you should. 

Hands were placed on your shoulders, and your body tensed up at the touch of the prince. Your hair was pushed away and something warm was placed on your neck and pulled away. Your face didn't blush, but instead, it was pale from the kiss that was laid on your neck. The Prince's mind had gone insane when he was trapped, but now he was slipping further and further away from his gentleman-like self. His thoughts were gone and his body was taking action. 

His hands slid down your arms and caressed your hands, pulling your hand away from the handle. He continued to lay kisses on your neck, and your stomach was doing flips, but not of pleasure. Quinn felt warm, and he loved having his body over your own. It was like sparks would fly from every touch. Your mind was running with suggestions of what to do, you didn't want him to hurt you, but you didn't want what he was serving you. 

   " Stay. " He whispered into your ear.

That whisper was all you needed. You didn't care about the pay reduction, as long as you go out of there with your charity still intact. You leaped away from him and grabbed the door handle, swinging the door open and running down the hall. You ran away from the royal floor and ran to your room, shutting and locking the door behind you. Quinn was standing in his room staring at the open doorway, his hair covering his eyes as he looked down.

   " She'll be punished for that. "