Chapter 25: A Letter from Elina

" Y/n! "

   " Y/n! "

You turned around to see Aileen running to you. She reached your side and held out a letter for you to read. It was addressed to you, Aileen, and Genevive. It didn't say who it was from, but it said it was from the Prosan Empire. You opened it and seen that it was a letter.

Dear Y/n, Genevive, and Queen Aileen

     It has been a while since I've contacted you guys. I hope you all can forgive me, but we have had a troubling time here in the Prosan Empire. There have been multiple attacks and with the crown's name under threat, I was warned to not have any contact with the outside world. I'm able to send you this message now because the conflict has been resolved.

     I want to invite you three to the palace, to spend a few days here with me. I miss you guys, and I want your company. Nikoli and I have been doing well, and we have talked to his father, the king, about our relationship and he approves. So, I will be staying over here permanently and not returning to Madrathia. Nikoli has talked about a wedding, but I'm not sure about going that far yet. I love him, but I want to wait a few more months before marrying, I'm glad he understands this.

     So, anyway I want to invite you all to come with me over to Prosan. I hope you all can come. I will send a carriage for you three in two days and if you do not wish to come simply tell the man leading the coach. But you all better come! I miss you guys! I need you guys to visit me! And if you don't I will come down there and bring you here myself! 

     I love you guys and hope you can make it. 

Sincerely, Elina

   " Elina sent this! "

   " She did, and she wants us to visit her! "

   " But Genevive can't go. She won't wake up for a few more days. "

   " We will have to tell Elina. I want to go visit her. "

   " I do too. "

   " I'm going to tell my husband that I'm leaving for a few days to visit an old friend and that I need a maid to take with me, and I'll recommend you. "

   " Thanks, Aileen. When are the guests arriving? "

   " In a few minutes, go on ahead and head to the main hall and wait there. The maids and butler must present themselves. "

   " Okay, I'll see you there. "

With the letter gripped in your hand, you started making your way to the main hall. You still didn't know what royals would be coming, but it was royalty. So, you needed to be nice and say nothing. You were almost to the doors of the great hall when your wrist was gripped. You stopped and turned around to see Quinn holding your wrist. 

   " Quinn? Is there something you need? "

   " I needed to let you know that I didn't plan any of this and it was solely my father. "

   " 'this'? What are you talking about? "

   " My father has invited a few princesses from other empires and kingdoms around Madrathia. They are intended to stay here for a few weeks, and I am to pick a bride from those few. I wanted to tell you that my eyes will never be looking towards them out of my free will. "

   " Quinn, It's fine. They're meant to be on the princesses, not me. "

   " But-"

   " Quinn you need to stop this. "

You turned fully towards him, he still gripped your wrist tightly, but you understood that it was due to stress.

   " Stop what? "

   " You need to find a queen, and you need to stop forcing things on me. You and I are friends, nothing more, and you are to be married and loved by royalty. Not a maid, so stop with these actions. "

   " But my heart only beats for you. "

   " Quinn, you're lying to yourself. You ne-"

   " I'm not lying! Please, just...what is that? "

He looked towards the letter and snatched it out of your hand. You tried to get it back from him but he still held your wrist tightly. He read the letter, then turned back to you.

   " You're not going. "

   " What? Why? "

   " Because I need you here. I don't know what's going to happen to you when you're not by my side. I'll go crazy without you here. You are staying here in the palace. "

   " No, I'm going. I want to see my friend. "

   " You're not listening to me my star. You're disobeying me, once more. "

   " Stop-"

   " I'm not going to stop. "

He looked around before pulling you close. No one was in the hall, and it was the perfect opportunity. He pulled you close by tugging on your wrist, making you stumble into him. He forced his lips on yours and he held the back of your neck. The kiss was deep, and it sent his eyes to roll back as his eyes lids closed.

You hit his chest with your free hand and tried to push him away from you. He slipped his tongue through your lips and made the kiss even deeper, as he turned his head to the side. You tried to pull away but his grip was strong and your free hand beating against him wasn't doing anything to stop him. Quinn pulled out of this kiss, slowly, and there was a trail of saliva between your lips.  He took one last glance around the hall and didn't see anyone looking or approaching, in fact, he heard no one. 

   " Quinn, stop! Let me go! I don't want this! "

   " But I do, my star. "

He used his legs and made you trip as he turned you around. You lost your footing, and he pushed you against the wall. He kissed you once more, and it was deep, with his tongue already winding into your mouth. He held the back of your neck and pressed it to keep your head close to his. His other hand pushed your lower waist closer to him. 

You used your hands to try and push him away from you, but it wasn't working. Your hits were nothing to him, and he continued with his act. He pulled back to view your e/c eyes. He didn't want to go any further because when he did he wanted it to be when you were his wife. Of course, he didn't know if he could hold off that long anymore. 

He got off of you and you pushed away from him.

   " You bastard. "

   " I'm your king. "

   " And you're a bastard at that. "

You stood off and started running to the main hall while Quinn stood in his spot. He looked up and down the halls and saw no one, but he did see someone's face as they ran from a corner. Someone had seen what they had done. 

   ' Now that just won't do, will it? '