Dinner Party 2 - Support (Marina)

"I have a crush on Vincenzo DeLuca's daughter."

Carina was exhausted after her training but she was in a good mood because of a certain blonde who has been on her mind all day. When she arrived home, she found her family standing in the living room, her dad opening a bottle of champagne. 

"Ciao. What are we celebrating?" Carina asked as she walked to them. 

"Ciao bambina." Her mother and brother smiled. 

"I made a new deal." Vincenzo said. "And tonight we're going out and eat in a restaurant."

"Then we shouldn't drink champagne if one of us will drive or-"

"No, no, no. Carina, please. I have a chaffeur. Why would we drive?" Vincenzo laughed. "Here, take it and drink it." Vincenzo gave her a glass which was full with champagne. 

"Grazie." She said. 

"We can't go out for so long. The kids have to study." Lorenza said to her husband. 

"It's fine." Vincenzo shrugged. "They are good, I don't see any problem with them going out with their parents. Right?" 

"Of course." Andrew nodded. 

"See? That's my son." The older Italian smiled proudly. 

"So, what do we know about this deal?" Carina asked. 

"It's a very, very good deal with a lot of money. The client wasn't sure what he wants but Vincenzo DeLuca always offers the best." 

"Great."

"And Lane always-second Bishop will cry himself to sleep because I was faster. And better." Vincenzo added and drank the rest of his champagne. 

"Wait, what?" 

"Lane was also interested in this client but I was faster." Vincenzo shrugged. Carina placed her glass on the counter. 

"I don't feel good, I'm going to my room. Maybe you should go out without me." She said, her voice low, then ran to her room, trying not to freak out. Her dad just cut Lane Bishop's deal. The father of Maya 'so freaking beautiful and nice' Bishop's dad's deal... Carina was laying on her back, facing the ceiling when someone softly knocked on the door, then opened it.

"May I?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah." Carina sighed, not looking at her brother. 

"Is everything okay with you?" 

"Yes. No. I'm too tired. And have a lot of homework. And I had a little stomachache."

"Rina..." 

"No, it's okay. Go without me." Carina insisted. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Lorenza asked as Andrew took a little step to the side to let her in. 

"Just a little bit tired."

"We can stay here with you if you want."

"No, you don't have to. It's dad's big deal, you should celebrate it."

"Are you sure? I can stay." Andrew offered.

"I am, Andrea. Go, celebrate." Carina said with a soft smile. 

"Okay, if you need anything just call."

"Okay." Carina nodded. As soon as her mother and brother left the room she grabbed her phone. 

Carina: I guess you heard it.

Maya: I did.

Carina: I'm sorry.