They Grew Up So Fast 2 - Teens (Marina)

"It's going to be okay, sweetie. I promise."

14th November, 2028

Carina was caressing Maya's cheek, the blonde was asleep, a few scars on her face, but other than that nothing visible.

"You're so strong, Maya. Please keep fighting for Claire. She loves you so much, and she needs you. And I need you as well. I love you, Maya. I love you so much." Carina whispered, tears coming down from her face.

She was sitting on the edge of the bed, not taking her eyes off of her wife. Soon her phone started to buzz.

"Hi, Vic, is everything okay?" Carina asked.

"Hi, yes, no. Uhm, Claire can't fall asleep and she wants you. Or Maya."

"Can you give the phone to her?"

"Sure. Claire, honey, it's mamma." Vic said.

"Hi baby."

"Mamma..."

"Bambina, I know it's hard but please try to sleep a little bit. I'll be home before you wake up, okay?"

"Okay."

"I will call your teacher in the morning okay? You don't have to go to school."

"Thank you, mamma."

"it's okay sweetie. Get some sleep. I'll be home before you know it."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Claire, baby, go to bed, I'll be there in a few minutes, okay?" Carina heard Vic's voice.

"Thank you Vic. For everything."

"It's okay."

"Good night."

"Good night." Vic said and hung up the phone.

"Vic..." Claire looked at her.

"Yes?"

"Mommy will be okay, right?"

"She's a strong one. She's gonna be okay." Vic smiled softly.

Claire snuggled up to Vic and tried to fall asleep in the embrace of the firefighter.

The little girl woke up around 8 am. Vic wasn't there with here but Carina was, gently stroking her hair.

"Hey bubba." The brunette smiled softly.

"Mamma." Claire reciprocated the smile. "Where's mommy?"

"Come here, baby." Carina said and pulled the little girl closer. "Mommy is at the hospital, because she got injured. But she woke up this morning, I could talk to her and the doctors said she'll be alright. She needs to rest but she's okay."

"Can I see her today?"

"We'll see, bellina. Okay?"

"Okay."

***

"Hi." Maya said as the brunette entered the room.

"Ciao bella. How are you?"

"I'm good. Where's Claire?"

"She's with Amelia, I don't know if you want..."

"Of course I want to see her." Maya smiled.

"Okay." Carina nodded. Amelia let Claire in who immediately ran to Maya and climbed onto the bed with the help of Carina.

"Hi baby." Maya grinned as she saw her daughter.