They Grew Up So Fast (Marina)

June 9th, 2020

"Maya, I can't do this." Carina whined.

"Yes, you can. It's okay."

"No, I need you. I want you there."

"I know, baby, I know. But you know I can't be there. And Amelia promised me that she'll take care of you."

"But she's not my wife. You are!"

"I know, I know. But everything is gonna be fine." Maya tried to calm her down.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I will visit you as soon as I'm allowed to."

"I know but until that..."

"Yeah, you have to give birth to our daughter."

"Yes. Maya... I can't... I can't do this without you." Carina said as her eyes got watery.

"Hey, look at me." Maya cupped her face and forced the brunette to look into her eyes. "You're the strongest woman in this world. I can't be by your side but I'll be after it, by every step. I love you. Don't panic, it's going to be fine." Maya said, wiping the tears away from her wife's cheek.

"Okay." Carina nodded then the blonde gently pressed their lips together.

Maya just laid on her side, watching Carina, and stroking her hair as she tried to calm her down. Covid doesn't allow Maya to be with her when she's giving birth. That's not how they imagined this but the virus was spreading since March and it seemed like it will never end.

"What if I'll be positive when I'm there? How will I go there, if you can't even bring me in? What if our daughter will be positive as well and we can't come home? What if she won't surv-"

"Carina, baby, relax. Calm down. Please. I know it's scary and we couldn't see this coming but it's going to be okay. You'll go there, you'll be tested negative and then you'll come home with our beautiful daughter. Okay? Don't worry. Amelia will be there with you and your other friends. You'll be fine." Maya said and she got closer to her and kissed her softly.

"I love you so much." Carina said.

"I love you too. Don't worry." Maya whispered.

"Can you be the big spoon?"

"Of course." Maya smiled and helped her wife turning to her side then gently ran her fingers up and down on her stomach. "She's so calm right now."

"Oh... Because you're here. Do you remember what happened a few months ago?"

Maya was sitting in her office after they got back from a big house fire. Maya was exhausted because she barely got any sleep the night before. Carina wasn't feeling good and they were worried that something bad is going to happen and she was ready to take her wife to the hospital as soon as it's necessary.
In the end nothing happened, and they fell asleep around 4 am but Maya had to wake up at 7 to go to work.
She made her way up to the beanery to make herself a cup of coffee for the second time that day when Andy and for Maya's surprise Carina entered to the beanery.

"Car, baby, is everything okay?" She asked immediately.

"Thank you, Andy." Carina smiled. The firefighter just nodded and left them alone.

"Are you okay?" Maya asked again.

"Yes, I just need your help."

"With what?"

"We should go to your office. I don't think if you want your colleagues to see this."

"See what, Carina, what's happening?"