My Friend's OB (Marina)

Week 8

"Maya, I'm fine. Just because my husband is an idiot and I don't want him to be there, it doesn't mean I'm not okay." Andy Herrera laughed.

"I just want to make sure you're fine. Is that a big problem?"

"No, but you're overreacting. If I wouldn't know you, I would think that you're going soft."

"No, I'm not."

"Okay. Fine."

"Besides, I'm still working which means I'm okay doing whatever I want. Unless it's too dangerous... Whatever. Can we go? I don't want to be late."

"Yeah, sure. Come." Maya nodded and they walked to the blonde's car. It was Andy's first meeting with her OB at Grey-Sloan and since Andy's marriage with Robert was not in a very good phase, the Latina wanted Maya to go with her to the hospital.

"I hope everything is okay. And everything will be okay." Andy sighed.

"It is going to be okay, Andy. Don't worry."

"I'm trying but I keep having these what if thoughts and I just... Ugh."

"I know, it's normal. But I'm sure your OB will tell you what I'm going to tell you now: you are okay and your baby is okay." Maya said.

"Thank you, Maya. For everything." Andy turned to her best friend.

"You don't have to. You would do the same for me, right?"

"Right."

"That's it. Let's go." Maya smiled then they got out of the car and walked into the hospital.

"Do you think we should knock? I have no idea how this works." Andy asked.

"Calm down, someone has to know that we are here. Or at least that you are here." Maya said. As soon as she finished the sentence the door opened and a tall and very beautiful woman walked out.

"Andrea Herrera?" She smiled at them.

"Yes, hi." Andy stood up.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Carina DeLuca. Nice to meet you. Come in."

"Thank you." Andy smiled.

"I'll be waiting for you outside." Maya said nervously.

"Oh, no, partners are part of this process. Please, come in." Carina grabbed her wrist then guided her into her office.

"No, no, no, we're not together." Maya said immediately, not knowing why but she panicked at the thought of Carina thinking that they're together.

"Oh, Dio, I'm so sorry. I thought... I'm sorry." Dr. DeLuca said.

"No, no, it's okay. It's not a big deal." Andy laughed softly. "She's my best friend."

"Yeah, hi, Captain Maya Bishop." The blonde said.

"Dr. Carina DeLuca." The brunette said and they shook hands while literally staring at the other. "Okay, let's get started." Carina coughed and turned around so Maya couldn't see her blushing. Little did she know that the blonde was struggling with the same thing...

Everything went well, Carina said that Andy's perfectly fine so as her baby. Maya often stared at the OB who didn't notice this because she was focused on her patient. God, she's so hot, Maya thought to herself and if she wouldn't be Andy's OB, she would ask her out but she knew that Andy wouldn't be happy.

"So, if there's anything I can help you with or if there's something wrong then you know where to find me. But if everything goes well I'll see you in four weeks." Carina smiled at Andy.