Bipolar (Marina)

A/N: For Sxarletwidow3014 s request.
I'm not a doctor, I had to read some articles about this so if I made a mistake blame the sites that I had read. Hope you'll enjoy it. ☺️

"Carina, you need help..."

It was early in the morning when Maya woke up by the feeling of someone kissing her lips and neck. It could be a good horror material if she would live alone. But a few months ago she moved in with her beautiful Italian girlfriend, Carina, so she was the one who pressed the kisses.
"Carina..." She sighed.
"Oh, you're awake."
"How could I not?" Maya asked as Carina connected their lips together and slid her tongue into her mouth. "What are you doing, Carina?" Maya mumbled.
"I want you." The brunette whispered.
"Do you have any idea what time is it?" Maya asked as she broke the kiss.
"Yes, it's almost six."
"Why are you up so early?" Maya asked stopping Carina to kiss her again.
"Because I want you."
"You got me last night. Not once."
"I know." Carina lowered herself and kissed Maya's neck. Maya moaned which turned Carina on so she slowly ran her hands down to Maya's center.
"Carina..." Maya whispered and pushed her head to the pillow as her girlfriend slid two fingers in.

That's how they started the morning almost every day. And Carina often went to the Station to surprise Maya.
"Hi." Maya smiled as she saw her girlfriend.
"Hey, Captain." Carina grinned and locked the door.
"What are you doing?" Maya asked confused as she watched Carina walking to her.
"I came to visit you." Carina said and slowly sat on Maya's lap.
"Yeah, I can see. And I feel you want more than just a visit." Maya said and she was right because Carina grabbed her belt and started to unbuckle it.
"I don't know what are you talking about." Carina acted innocent.
"Mhm." Maya mumbled as Carina leaned in to kiss her.
"You're so wet, Maya." She whispered.
"Are you surprised?" Maya smiled.
"No." Carina reciprocated the smile, kissed Maya.

These little meetings happened more often and as soon as Maya arrived home Carina kissed her and backed her to the bedroom. Maya was enjoying it but after a while she was confused. She knew Carina has a study on female orgasm but it was more.

Things have changed after one morning Maya was sleep until her alarm went off. Usually by this time she had at least two orgasms but today Carina was still asleep.
"Baby, good morning." She whispered and kissed Carina's cheek.
"No." The brunette mumbled.
"What?"
"I don't want to wake up."
"You have to." Maya sighed and ran her hand up and down on her back.
"I'll call Bailey. I don't want to go in."
"Are you sick?" Maya asked and checked Carina's forehead.
"No."
"You're just tired. Come, drink a coffee and you'll be better."
"I don't want to." Carina sighed. Maya just got out of the bed and went to the kitchen to make breakfast and coffee. She prepared everything and went back to check on Carina.
"Babe, you need to get up." Maya said softly.
"No."
"Carina, is everything okay?"
"Yes."
"Well it doesn't seem like."
"Can you call Bailey and tell her that I can't go in because I'm sick? You know her number."
"Yeah, sure." Maya sighed and left the room. She dialed Dr. Bailey and told her that Carina is sick and can't go in.
"It's okay, Bishop, thank you for calling me."
"Sure. Bye." Maya hung up the phone. Carina was still lying on the bed, her back to Maya. "Baby, I have to go to work. If you need anything please call me." She said, leaning against the door frame. Carina didn't answer to her. Maya just sighed and went to work.

***

"Hi." Andy smiled as she entered the captain's office.
"Hello." Maya sighed.
"Is everything okay?"
"Yes. No. I don't know."
"What happened?" Andy asked as she sat down.
"Carina... She seems like she's depressed."
"What?"
"One day, two weeks ago, she didn't want to go to work. I thought she's sick but she didn't have fever, headache, nothing. But she doesn't speak, she doesn't want to eat and she just wants to lay all day."
"Maya..."
"And I don't know what to do. I tried everything. Her favorite food, her favorite film and TV show, I really tried everything. She's lying on her side, facing the bed nightstand. I haven't kissed her since two weeks."
"Maya, I don't want to scare you but... I think it's more than it seems."
"I know. I called Bailey yesterday. She said nothing had happened at the hospital which could cause this to Carina. She said she was fine the last time she saw her."
"I'm so sorry Maya. I'm sure it's hard."
"Yeah." Maya sighed.
"Go home. I'll cover you. Check her and try to speak with her."
"I can't Andy. She doesn't even respond."
"Try to call her brother."
"Yeah, I thought about it but I don't know if it's a good idea."
"Go to Grey Sloan and speak with him. Maybe he can help."
"I don't know." Maya sighed.
"Just go. We'll be fine, here."
"Thank you." Maya stood up and hugged her friend and quickly went to Grey Sloan.