Page 31

Roman came and carried Jex in his arms. Roman had been a good dad. He feeds Jex sometimes. He sings Jex to sleep. He takes a break from his busy life and plays with Jex. I was a 'mumma' for Jex but I didn't care for him as much I should be doing it to my own child. I loved him. His smile made my fears, insecurities and troubles go away. I made a decision of marrying Roman just to secure Jex from a bad future. Roman is a nice dad but he has to work and feed Jex. Jex won't be abandoned with a mother's love. Roman had decided to hand over his mafia to Diego.

Roman had already started the wedding arrangements. Everyone was happy and exited. EXCEPT ME. "You are going to be my Boss and a close friend's wife Mia. Congratulations." Olive had said when he heard about our marriage. I felt something wrong. Yes, it is wrong. I love Jaxon Calhoon but I am marrying Roman Carter. I am marrying him just to stay close with Jex. 

I looked around and saw Jex hiding under table and pressing his finger to his lips, hinting me to be quiet. I nodded as Roman came to the room and slowly walked towards the table. Jex started laughing loud. I smiled. My heart stays in Jex's smile. Roman started tickling him hard. I imagined me and Jaxon in this way. I imagined us being married, having a cute little baby girl and Jaxon playing with her like this. I wish it could be that way. 

"MUMMA!! HELP!!" Jex shouted as he revolved around me. Roman grabbed my waist and pulled Jex close to us. "A happy family." Roman winked.

Roman again started tickling Jex. Jex was laughing continuously. I grabbed Roman's wrist and pulled him. "Jex will suffocate Rom. Stop tickling my child." I said, giggling.

"Our child." He whispered.

I gave him a fake smile. Was everything going fine? I was confused myself. I didn't have any idea what the fuck is going in my life!!

"OLIVE?" Roman shouted, making me jump a little.

Olive came and opened the door. "Yes boss?" He bowed.

"Call me Roman." Roman hissed.

"Umm.. Yes Roman? Do you want anything?" 

"Take Jex down and play with him for awhile. Mia hasn't moaned my name for awhile now. I have been missing her in my bed, below me." Roman hissed and gave an evil smile.

Olive turned pink. He nodded and carried Jex in his arms. Olive was a nice uncle too. He helped me with Jex's bath. He always bought Jexs favorite cookies when he went to market early in the morning.

Roman pulled me close to him. He kissed my neck. He knew my mood ons. I was turned on easily. He took me to his bedroom. He was nice at bed. As he laid above me, I wished it was Jaxon. My eyes got watery remembering my first make out with someone I love. 

"Mia? Can I ask you a question?" Roman said after we were done.

"Yes." I slowly said.

"You miss Jaxon Calhoon, don't you?" 

"Yes maybe." I said, truthfully.

He slowly nodded and wrapped a towel on his waist. "Mia? I have been loving you. To be honest, I loved you 'cause you are pretty. Do you know one thing? Jaxon didn't touch or had a make out with any girl in these 4 years. He didn't go to any dates. Wanna know the reason? YOU. He loves you till now." He said as he wore his dress. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"He doesn't love me Roman. He never did love me." I sobbed.

"Yes he did. He was going to propose you the day Ella got arrested but it was too late. You were mine." 

I looked at him blankly. Was this true? Roman walked to the wardrobe and took out the ring he had given me to the first ballroom I went with him. 

"This is a special ring. It is passed on by old Mafia queens. This belonged to you if you loved me back. I like you due to your looks Mia. Jaxon loves you 'cause he has beautiful memories with you and he was helped by you when he had lost every hope of escaping from Ella. I am handing over my mafia to Diego as I said you earlier. This ring will be owned by Lucy Carter." Roman stared at the floor. 

"I will marry you Roman. Jex is small and he deserves a mother's love. We can tell him the truth about his real mom when he gets old enough to understand things."

"Jex? You don't have to worry about Jex, Mia. You are his mumma if you marry me forcefully but you can be his god mumma even if you break every ties with me. I take you to bed intentionally 'cause I want you to know that I am with you for your body. Jaxon will stay with you for your soul. Oh! Yes, I have kept our marriage event at Hotel Paradise. I want to see our fates."

"HOTEL PARADISE? Are you crazy Roman? You know the fate. If I meet him, I won't be able to come back here. I will stay with him forever. Jex will be lonely."

"Jex won't be lonely. You are his god mumma. You can come to meet him every weekends. Don't exert yourself now. We will have a fake marriage just to provoke Jaxon's heart. He will kneel down and propose you and I promise this would happen. Get ready for our fake marriage Mia." Roman said and winked.

I realized that I have a nice friend with me. I hugged Roman tight. "Go and get a dress for yourself." Roman slowly rubbed my back.