Page 21

"Mia?" Jaxon said, holding me tighter in his arms.

"Yes?"

"Do you know why I gave you the post of my CEO even if I am superior than you?"

"Superior? That's rude."

"Kidding babe. Shall I tell you the reason?"

"Yes Jex."

"'Cause I promised myself that I would serve you my whole life. I would work being loyal and honest for you whole life. You aren't my girlfriend but I will care for you and serve for you until my last breath."

I felt my cheeks burning. I felt my heart beat racing. I felt my eyes watering. I stared at his lips. His face was glittering due to the sunlight. He was warm.

"Sir? Is she Mia? We heard you guys broke up for a week and patched up yesterday night. Is it true Mr. Jaxon Calhoon?" a reporter came running and asked in a curious tone.

Jaxon slowly kept me down on feet and smiled. "Yes. She is Mia, more than a girlfriend for me. We had some issues but we hadn't broke up."

I smiled at him as he winked.

"Ms. Mia? We have also heard a rumor that you are in touch with Roman Carter in some ways. Is it a physical one?"

I was annoyed. "Listen up Mr. Reporter. I am not in touch with Roman. Even if I talk with him rarely, he isn't a guy who fucks every girl he meets or talks. Excuse me."

I rushed towards my apartment.

"Mr. Jaxon Calhoon? Do you think Ms. Mia is cheating upon you?"

"Sorry. I trust her more than I trust myself. She will never betray me. If I get hurt due to her, she starts crying in a corner, feeling guilty for what she did. You spoiled our first date. Excuse me."

I heard it. I heard Jaxon's footsteps coming closer to me. I chuckled. He caught my hand and started running.

"Jex? Go slow. My legs will kill me."

"No Ms. CEO. Running keeps you fit. You have been a little bit heavy since some days. You have to run with me or else I will pick you up in the arms from here to our rooms." 

I stopped running. INTENTIONALLY. He picked me in his arms and held me tight. My phone rang. He kept me down to my feet and facepalmed. I laughed and picked up he call.

"Hello? Yes Roman?"

"Hey Mia? I have to meet you urgently. Ella had came here threatening me to kill the fetus. I gave her a drug and she is asleep. I have tied her and kept her in the prison. I am confused about my next moves." Roman spoke in a hurried way making my body tensed up.

"What has she demanded?"

"YOUR DEATH." Roman said boldly.

I felt shiver running through my spine. I felt numb. My eyes watered. "You will kill me for the fetus, won't you?"

"NO. You have been a nice friend to me. You have helped me. I won't kill you. I have my principle of not killing innocent people. I am just confused."

"Just keep her asleep. I'll be there in few minutes." I said and hung up. 

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Jaxon said in a worried way.

I explained him everything.

"FUCK!? Ella has demanded your death for the survival of the fetus? I wish I would have a chance to kill her and save the fetus from her. I think you shouldn't go there alone Mia. You are not safe."

"I am safe. I know Roman. He has principle of not killing innocent people. You are always with me though. I have nothing to worry about." I said and smiled.

He gave me innocent puppy eyes. I kissed his cheek. He blushed and caught my hand.

"Let's go. I'll drop you safely." Jaxon said, looking deep into my eyes.