Page 27

"So you were going to explain about your days at Carters. We have a long way to go. You can start Ms. CEO." Jaxon said as he was staring at the road while driving.

"So yeah. Let's start from the first day. Roman was sad at a point and I hugged him. Diego entered the room without knocking. Diego asked Roman to get dressed soon for the ballroom which was going to be held that night. Roman asked me to his date in the ballroom. I agreed. I was dressed up like a mafia queen. Diego took Lucy Parker as his date. She was- " 

"LUCY PARKER?" Jaxon interrupted me. I looked at him. He turned pale.

Jaxon's POV:

"LUCY PARKER?" I felt numb. 

I stopped my car and got out of it. Mia got out of the car too and held my hand tight. "Is she the one? Your female best friend you had started falling for?" she asked.

I freed my hand and slowly nodded. She stared at the floor. She slowly held her head up and touched my shoulder. I looked directly into her eyes. She smiled. "Don't think too much. She was your past. She is someone else's future. Your present and future is... Umm..." Mia said thinking hard to find a name.

"You, Mia." I whispered to myself. 

"Your present is Ms. Invisible and your future is your future love." Mia smiled with innocent puppy eyes.

I pulled her close to me, after not being able to resist the distance between us. She looked at my lips. I licked my lips slowly. It is also one of her mood ons. I slowly leaned down to kiss her. She pulled my suit collar and kissed me hard. My hands moved down to her hips. She patted my hands and continued kissing. Mia looked cute, beautiful and pretty in every way I could ever think. 

She freed me and widened her eyes. "What happened?" I asked.

"You have your engagement. We would be late. Let's go." she said, already dragging me towards the car.

"Let's play a rapid fire round. I'll ask you first." I said, as I drove the car.

"NOW?" she said in an amazed tone.

"Yes. We have a long way to go. We can start."

"Ok. Start asking questions Mr. Employee."

"Tea or coffee?"

"Coffee."

"Hot or cold?"

"Hot."

"Milk or black?"

"Milk."

"Friends or family?"

"Family."

"True love or family?"

"True love."

"Jaxon or Roman?"

"Jaxon." She said and turned around, realizing what she said.

I felt my heart beating fast. Was I special? I want to stay with her. FOREVER.

"As a friend." she added again.

"Thanks." I said and blushed. She wasn't the type of girl who would add anything after her stuffs which are already been told. She added that 'as a friend' to suppress her feelings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We reached the place. It was between the forests. I looked at Mia who was playing with her fingers due to nervousness. I placed my hand on hers and said, "Calm down. There's nothing to be nervous. Just pray that God helps me. Let's see the fate now. Ella hasn't been arrested yet. If I get engaged to her, I have to marry her sooner or later. Engagement is a true bonding even if the partner is worst."