Page 20

"You have been avoiding me since a week now. You come home later than me. You have been getting drunk everyday. You have been acting weird from the day you came back from Roman Carter's home. What's wrong with you?" I shouted. 

Mia's eyes started watering up. I felt angry to see her sad but I have been suffocating from a week too. 

"You are thinking too much Jaxon. Do you think I am a prostitute? Roman has been nice and polite to me every single time. You want to know why I drink every single day and avoid you? The fucking reason is that I FELL FOR YOU. I STARTED LOVING YOU. But, you have a second gir- Oh! I mean you have a beautiful female bestfriend. Why the hell do you need me? I am just a fucking stranger to you. I am not your lawyer to solve your stuffs." Mia shouted as tears rolled down her cheeks.

I was shocked to hear that. The reason Mia was avoiding me was my past. "So you have been avoiding me just because I shared about my first female bestfriend to the Mia who loves me? To be honest, I shared my feelings to the Mia who is my CEO, my friend."

"Sorry but the Mia who loved and cared you heard your feelings." Mia said, sobbing.

"Loved? Cared?"

"Yes. I had to dump my feelings, unfortunately. Do you know what kills you everyday? Loving a guy who doesn't love you back kill you everyday. I don't want to die."

I slowly turned and went to my room.

I sat at the corner of my bed and thought about my life. My past left me. Mia wants to be my present and future but I always betray her by saying that I don't have feelings for her. I never took her to dates. Tomorrow morning, I will take her to date. I promised myself. I slowly lied on the bed and closed my eyes. 

Mia's POV:

Jaxon had started knocking my door vigorously early morning. I saw outside the window. It was dark. I saw my phone beeping continuously. 

'Jaxon: Good morning Mia.

Wake up sleepy head.

Dress up quick.

We have to go.

Wear jogging pants and a cute t-shirt. 

Be quick. I am waiting outside.'

I smiled. I washed my face and went to dress up. I wore a jogging pant and a simple t-shirt. I opened my door and jumped a little at the sight of Jaxon coming to me suddenly. 

"Let's go." Jaxon said and caught my hand.

I have suppressed my feelings for him. I never had hatred for him. I felt nice. I looked at him while we went up the hill. We saw the rising sun. 

"Mia?" Jaxon said as he slowly placed my hand on my shoulders.

I looked directly at his eyes. "Yes?"

"Can we forget everything and start our friendship again?" he asked with excitement and curiosity in his eyes.

"YES!" I said as I giggled.

He picked me in his arms and started walking. "Are you hungry?"

"No. I haven't brushed yet."

"Ewwww.." Jaxon said, laughing.

I hit his arms playfully and laughed.