Page 10

"Do you think you can blackmail me Mr. Jaxon Calhoon?" My mom spoke in wrath.

"Mom? I am the only heir you have."

"That mafia guy is also angry with you 'cause he thinks you have stolen his Ella from him. Listen, Ella is beautiful and rich. It's a perfect match."

"Okay fine. I will die soon. Be happy with your Ella."

"You can't fall in love with someone Jaxon. Love is a maze. It's hard to get over it before they die."

"I love my girl mom. It's your responsibility to us blessings, not a gun shot to her mom. You haven't been cheap but I think I have changed my mind. You are cruel, mom."

There was a silence. I thought mom's heart melted. I hung up the call. I felt guilty for saying the word 'cheap' to her. I called my dad.

"Dad?"

"Yes son. Something's wrong?" 

I explained everything how Ella went against us and how mom blackmails me to hurt Mia and her family members.

"I'll call your mom right now and stop her. Be safe from mafias and most importantly, keep your girl safe. Be a man who stays with his girl till the end and pampers her at worst times. Don't be a man who leaves his girl at worst situations alone."

"Hmm."

I hung up and turned away. I saw Mia at the door. She had tears in her eyes. I went to her and hugged her tight. She held me tighter. I felt guilty for everything. I felt terrible.

"What happened sweetheart?" I asked as I rubbed her head while hugging.

"I have been a bad luck to everyone. Sofia had a breakup with Ryder. You are going to marry the girl you don't love. My mom was shot. Michael died. I seriously feel terrible Jex for everything." she said sobbing.

"No. No Mia. You are the most beautiful part of everyone's life. You are not a bad luck. You are a good luck instead."

I will leave her after 2 months if we don't find a way. I will leave her at her worst. I felt my heart heavy. My phone beeped. 

'DAD: You did it!! You melted her. She has gone to meet Mia's mom and she will apologize to her. The problem is the Calloways. They are forcing us to marry. We hope for best now! Good luck.' I read it while hugging Mia.

"Mia? Are you fine now? We will be late to meet your mom." I said.

Mia pulled herself and nodded as she wiped her tears from her face. "Yeah. Let's go."

"Mia? Sorry for breaking a promise but I really think you need it." I said as I pulled her and kissed her tear stained cheek.

She smiled and slowly said, "One more, please?"

I leaned and kissed her lips slowly. She pulled me closer hinting me to kiss her more. I loosened my tie and continued kissing her cheeks. forehead and lips slowly. She was warm. "Let's go now Mr. Employee." She chuckled as she freed herself and took her phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived the hospital. I saw my mom walking out of the hospital. I turned to Mia. She was busy looking at her phone. Her phone rang. It was an unknown number.

"Hello? It's Mia.- Y...Yes. Jaxon Calhoon is my boyfriend.- So, It's you Ella.- Ella? If you think killing me is an option, it's NOT!!- WHAT!? Fuck off!- I'll sue you for cheating upon Calhoons- Me? Bitch, I am not his slut. I am his girlfriend." Mia hung up the call angrily.

She had a worried look. She looked at my eyes and caught my hand. "Jex? You are the most nice person I've met. Please stay with me forever. I can't afford to loose you."

I freed my hand and slowly said, "Mia? I think you shouldn't develop feelings for me. I swear it will hurt you. If you think I'll marry you, you are completely wrong about it."

She nodded, opened the car door and rushed towards the hospital. I think she had teary eyes.

DID I HURT HER? I left her alone. She isn't safe. FUCK!! I have to go with her. I parked my car and ran towards the counter.