Page 9

Mia's POV:

Shiver ran down my spine. Daniel and Sofia were drunk. Daniel picked Sofia in his arms and took her to the bedroom. 

I fell asleep on the couch itself. 

"Mia? Drink this water. Your head will feel lighter." Jex woke me up and gave me the bottle of water. I drank the water and saw the clock. 3 AM. He woke up to give me water at midnight?

I woke up at 8 and saw Jex who was sleeping on the floor with his legs elevated on the couch. I smiled. There was a sticky note kept there. 

'Morning Babe. We have gone for a walk. Take a shower. My small clothes are on the wardrobe. If it fits you, you can take it.

Sof and Daniel.'

I ran to her room and searched for a dress for myself. Sof is an amazon for me. I am small maybe. I found a shorts and a black t-shirt which fitted me perfectly. I took shower and wrapped a towel around me. I came out of the room thinking no one would be there. I hummed.

Jaxon stood right there checking out for dresses in the wardrobe. He saw me undressed and turned away. He was shy maybe. I giggled. 

"Umm.. Sorry Ms. CEO. I... I saw the note and thought everyone has gone for a walk including you. You get changed. Oh! Yeah... There was a girl named Alia who left your suitcase here. She has asked you to text or call her." He said as he turned towards the door.

"Fine, fine." I said as I shooed him from my room.

I wore my bra and underwears. I texted Alia, our housemaid about the whole thing. I got dressed properly and went to the kitchen. Jaxon was searching for something in the kitchen.

"Can I help?" I asked.

"Coffee beans?"

"Oh! Wait a sec."

I took out the container and gave it to him. He smiled and took out milk from the fridge. My phone beeped. I was near Jaxon. I saw the message.

'Sof: We have gone for a date. Lock the rooms and home if you plan to move out. We won't be back soon.'

Jaxon noticed it and read it aloud. Within a moment, he had packed my bags and kept it in the car. "Let's go." he said as he caught my hand and pulled me to his car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The apartment was beautiful. It had a bathroom with a huge bath tub inside, a big hall for guests, a kitchen and two bedrooms with balconies at each room.

"Wow. This is beautiful Jex." I exclaimed in surprise.

Jaxon took my hand, looked at my eyes and slowly said, "Yes. This is beautiful."

I blushed. I shooed him away from me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaxon called the media and announced that I was his girlfriend. He went to my home alone and consoled my parents about the situation. Somewhere inside my heart I felt beautiful being around him and knowing about him.

He didn't touch me since the day we moved in here.

"You better be safe Ms. CEO. We both are a virgin. Better be safe or else we may loose our virginity." Jaxon teased.

I had plenty of time. So, I decorated my bedroom with DIYS watching Youtube.

"My mom had called me up. She said that I have to marry Ella after 2 months. She demanded us to break up. Ella called me and said me that she is happy with the proposal. Ella is against us now. She is happy with the wrong thing which is going to be in our life. You have to be safe now Mia. Ella is dangerous." Jaxon said me in a worried tone.

I nodded and another message popped out.

'Rihana: Come fast Mia. Mumma was shot from the back when we were at the market. She is admitted in the hospital. Mumma has asked you to bring Mr. Calhoon too.'

My jaw dropped. I felt a lump in my throat. My heart felt heavy. 

"What happened Mia?" he asked as he kept his hands on my shoulders.

A tear rolled down my cheek. "My mom is shot. She is in the hospital. It's serious maybe. I think we have to hear some bad news soon." I said as I started to cry bitterly.

Jaxon hugged me tight. "Mia? Excuse me a minute. I have to call someone. Then we can go to hospital to meet your mumma." he said as he freed me.

I nodded. He rushed out of the room in wrath with a clenched fist. I dressed myself to go to the hospital.

Jaxon's POV:

"Hello?" My mom spoke up. "WHY DID YOU HIRE SOMEONE TO KILL HER MOM? WHAT IF SHE DIES? Mia is broken. I am ready to marry Ella. I will break up with Mia before the day of my marriage. I promise. Please? Stop doing this to her and her family." I begged.

I heard my mom giggle. "Son, I had warned you to break up with that low class girl. See the consequences yourself now."

"MOM!! I said you I will break up with her soon. I will commit suicide if you pressurize me. You can be happy with your proposal after I die."