Page 17

Olive was going to say as Roman came in. "Sorry. I was a bit late." Roman said as he opened his gloves and threw it at the bin. 

"YOU'RE HEARTLESS ROMAN CARTER!" I shouted in wrath.

"He deserved it Mia!!" Roman said in a calm way.

"No one deserves death." I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Forget it."

"No. Leave me to my house Olive. I won't stay here any longer."

Roman nodded and looked at Olive. "Let's go." Olive said coldly. He caught my arms.

"No. Leave. Okay, Okay. I will go with you and die in a brutal way but I want to talk to Jaxon one last time. Please?" I sobbed.

Roman nodded slowly. Olive facepalmed. I dialed Jaxon's number. 

"Mia? Is everything fine?"

"Jaxon? I have to go to Denmark for my job. I am sorry. I won't be able to kick Ella from your life. Try to stay happy with her. I won't have contact with you."

There was a silence. "I want to meet you for the last time." Jex sobbed. Tears rolled down my cheeks. "I won't be able to meet you maybe. I have a flight in few minutes. I'll miss you every moment. I'm sorry. Bye." I said trying to control myself from crying bitterly.

I hung up and switched off my phone. I sat down and started sobbing. I missed Jaxon. "Let's go Olive." I said. Olive tied my hands and closed my eyes with a black cloth. I will die in a brutal way. Olive took me somewhere and injected me some drugs. I felt dizzy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mia? Mia? Wake up." Olive was shaking me vigorously. My head was paining badly. I managed to open my eyes. I was in the car. I looked around slowly. I AM ALIVE! I WAS IN FRONT OF JAXON'S APARTMENT. 

"How am I alive? You took me to the prison, didn't you?" 

"Yes, I did. Roman ordered me to leave you home. Every 'let's go' doesn't mean we take you to a prison and kill you brutally, stupid! I was going to leave you home safely but you thought you will die. Roman gave you a surprise!" Olive said excitedly.

I facepalmed in embarrassment. Why I am so stupid? 

"I am surprised that you scolded and misunderstood Roman but he didn't utter a word of harshness. He smiled and to be honest I have seen him smile after few months maybe."

"What did I misunderstood Olive?"

"A guy from other mafia stole our drugs worth more than 38 million dollars. He also tried to kill Roman Carter, the king of mafias." Olive said angrily.

"Olive? Can you please apologize to Roman from my side? I will also send him a apology text. He has the right to get frustrated and kill him."

Olive nodded. "Ok got to go Olive. Jaxon's waiting."

"You guys aren't a thing yet. Why don't you confess? Some promises are meant to be broken."

I was dumbfounded. "How do you know we aren't a thing yet? How do you know we have promises?" I asked in surprise. 

"We're from mafia. We know everything Mia. Roman asked you that question just to test you." Olive said proudly.

"Wow. Ok bye Olive."

Olive nodded as I rushed to our entrance door. I knocked. 

"Who is it? Get lost! I don't want to talk or meet anybody now." Jaxon shouted. 

"Sir? I am mail girl. There is a letter in this address."

"Whose letter is it?" Jaxon shouted.

"Mia."

He opened the door within a second. He was right infront of me now.