Page 19

I saw Jaxon lying in the bed. He was holding a picture of a beautiful teen girl. I suppose she is Jaxon's childhood sweetheart. He saw me and hid the picture under the cushion.

"Yes Mia?"

I slowly gave him the plate of sandwiches and sat beside him. He had tears in his eyes. "Who was she? Your first love?" 

He shook his head and slowly said, "My first female friend. I had never thought that she would leave. I was slowly falling for her."

"Oh!" I said, unaware of how to react.

"Yes. Every time someone touches me, I wish it would be her. She was my half part of my heart. She was important. Anyways, it's late. Go t bed early. Good night."

I stood up and went to my room without uttering a word. My heart felt heavy. I sat at the corner of my bed and started crying bitterly. I fell for Jaxon. He loves someone else. I felt guilty. I get hurt every single time. I fucking don't know what to do. I would dump my feelings for Jaxon. Yes. That's the one and only option. The promise is not yet broken.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been avoiding Jaxon recently. I fear that the feelings I have suppressed inside my heart, would again rise up. 

I and Roman had went to Ella's house at midnight. We found Ella sleeping peacefully. We gave her a drug and took some blood from her. We went to hospital and submitted the blood early morning. 

THE DNA MATCHED! WE DID IT! The reports had came few days after the blood test. 

I drank at a restaurant every single day. I drank my fears, feelings and insecurities. I always mumbled about Jaxon as per Sof said. Sof would drop me to my home.

Ella called me. "Hello?"

"What again Ella?" I said frustrated.

"15 days is left. You can't do anything. Fuck off! Jaxon will be mine. His money, cars and mansions will be mine."

"Do you know Ella? Things can be changed. Time changes. Anyways, Let's see the fate bitch!"

"FUCK OFF! You won't be able to do anything." Ella shouted and hung up.

Jaxon's POV:

Mia had been avoiding me. She got drunk everyday and would come home late night. She had been busy recently. We didn't got a chance to talk. 

Today, Mia wasn't drunk. She came home early. I knocked. 

"Come in."

I slowly went inside.

"Hi. Are you busy?" 

"Hello. Umm... Yes. A bit." Mia said, taking out some papers from the wardrobe and started arranging it.

"Are you hungry?"

"No. I had dinner with Sof."

"It's fine. Go to bed early." I said as I turned towards the door.

"Mia?" I said as I was going to shut the door close.