Page 3

I don't know why I said the thing I said to my mom just a few moments ago. I saw Mia, Sofia, and Tom sitting at a table. They were giggling. Mia saw me and raised her hands trying to call me. I saw her and she smiled warmly. Her smile could make my anger melt. I can't accept it. I smiled back. I approached their table and saw an empty chair near Mia. I sat there. "So why are you guys giggling and laughing? Making fun of me?" I asked raising my eyebrows. Mia raised her eyebrows and covered her lips with her tiny hands. I found it cute. 

"You didn't tell her that you are the only owner of this company. Mia had been imagining a beautiful scene where it is raining. Mia and you are on opposite sides of the road. You guys look at each other and wish the other one would make a move. Same like the movies, right?" Sofia said as she saw Mia and laughed. 

I couldn't help smiling and imagining the scene. It would surely be romantic. Tom stood up from the chair. "Thank you Tom," I said as I smiled at him. "Welcome Jaxon -Oops! Sir." He said and chuckled. I laughed as he winked and went.

Mia's POV:

"Who is Tom?" I asked in a curious tone.

"He is my childhood friend. He became my mom's bodyguard. At work, he is my bodyguard but after work, he is my friend." Jaxon smiled and said.

"What will you prefer for a drink Jex? Wine? Whisky? Beer?" I asked him, trying to change the topic. 

"Daniel?" He called out. A guy came running and smiled at him. Jaxon smiled back. Daniel had curly hair and beautiful deep blue eyes. "Bring us the best wine of our hotel," Jaxon said. Daniel nodded and ran to get the bottle of wine.

I remembered I hadn't seen Jaxon properly. I turned towards him. Jaxon had chocolate brown colored messy hair, beautiful brown eyes, and a sharp jawline. He was fair. 

He noticed me staring at him. He leaned down and brought his lips to my ear, close enough for me to feel his warm yet rapid breathing. "Mia? What are you thinking? Am I handsome?" He whispered giggling.

 He was indeed handsome. "N- No. I- I was searching for something." I stuttered. 

He came closer to me and nibbled my ear saying, "In me?" I blushed. I could feel my cheeks burning. 

Daniel came and served us the wine. Sofia started eating the dishes which were ordered earlier. She was busy eating. Jaxon gave me a glass of wine. "Thank you, Mr. Calhoon," I said and smiled.

Jaxon glared at me. "Ms. CEO? You are forgetting that I am your Mr. employee."

"Thank you Mr. employee. So sorry that I called you by your surname." I said and giggled. We were looking at each other's eyes as Sof started crying. "You guys are perfect for each other. Look at the way you guys look at each other. Awww. Ryder loves me but I am not perfect for him. He deserves better Miiiiiiiiaaaaaaaa, doesn't he?" She said.

She was completely drunk. I just covered my eyes with my hands feeling embarrassed. "Your address So- Um, what was it?" Jex asked as Sofia banged her fist on the table. "It's Sofia Mr. Calhoon," Sof shouted. 

"Sorry, Ms. Sofia. Can I get your address so that Tom would drop you at your home?" Jaxon asked softly.

Sofia was pointing her finger at her head trying to remember her address maybe. "House no. 2 at Bouse Street, street no.6" I said as I drank my wine. Sofia was unconscious. Jaxon called Tom and said him to drop off Sofia at her home safely.

"But Jaxon? You- I'm safe Tom. I'll drop Mia at her home and go to my home. It's going to be late anyways." Jaxon interrupted Tom.

Jaxon will drop me to my home? What if Rihana sees us together? What will she think? What if she speaks something unnecessarily in front of him? NO!! I can't let that happen. Oh, God!! I feel really really really very sick "Mia? Are you okay?" Jaxon asked. My eyes were getting blurry. I fainted.