Page 23

"So you call him by that name?" Roman asked.

"Yep."

"Oh! By the way you can stay at my place. You'll be safer."

I thought for a moment and nodded. "Excuse me Roman. I'll be back in a minute. I have to call and inform Jaxon."

He nodded as I went to the corridor and called Jaxon. "Mia? Is everything fine?"

I explained him everything. "Mia? Are you sure you are staying there? Will you be able to get out from there without anything wrong happening to you?" he asked in a worried tone.

"Yes bubba. You have a lot of questions sweetheart. I will text you through a fake social media and call you through Olive's number every single day. Happy?"

"Hmm. Maybe." Jaxon said and slowly hung up. He was worried about me.

I went back to Roman's office. He showed me my room. I opened the wardrobe and I was surprised to see a wardrobe of clothes. "YOU BOUGHT THESE?" I asked surprised.

"Umm. Yes. This is the first time a girl has been living at my place for more than a day. I thought of buying you a couple of clothes." Roman said in a nervous way. I laughed out loud.

"I think I should be the one who should be nervous. You are nervous. Am I daydreaming? You are ROMAN CARTER, KING OF MAFIAS."

"Boss? Ella is waking up." Olive interrupted us.

"Let's go Olive. Mia? Be safe. Don't open the door unless I call you."

"Hmm." I said as I locked the door.

"Did you arrange the dead body?" I could hear Roman asking to Olive maybe.

I sat at the bed. I started watching here and there. I missed Jaxon. He made me feel secure. 15 days is left for his marriage. After 15 days Ella would be gone, Jex will marry with the girl he loves, Roman will have his child and I will stay with my parents happily. I thought about the beautiful moments and turned my posture of sleeping. I closed my eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up due to the vigorous knock in my door. "WHO IS IT?" I shouted, half sleepy.

"ROMAN CARTER!!" Roman hissed.

I opened the door. Roman came in a hurried way and closed the door. I felt nervous. Maybe insecure too. He picked me up in his arms and started revolving around.

I laughed. "Roman? STOP!" I started laughing more.

"WE DID IT! WE WON MIA. WE WON." he said happily.

He kept me down. I looked at him and hugged him. He didn't hug me back. I freed him. "Anything wrong?" I asked looking at his blank expression. 

"I have went to bed with many girls but not even a single girl has hugged me till now. My mom died when I was young and my dad was murdered a year ago. Every girl are afraid of me but there you stand, fearless in front of me. You aren't scared. You hugged me. I have my brother Diego as my whole family or friends." he said as a tear rolled down his cheek. I hugged him. He hugged me tighter. 

"It's okay. I am always with you Roman." I said as I rubbed my hand on his back while hugging. The door opened out of sudden and someone came in.

"Oops! Fuck my eyes." The stranger said.

"DIEGO! FUCK OFF! GET LOST!" Roman growled as he freed me and wiped his tears.