mark got up and immediately threw a punch back and the next thing they knew both the males are beating each other.

his eyes then landed to mark's mother who was leaning against the doorway for support while covering her mouth with her free hand, crying hardly at the sight.

"mark stop! mr. lee please stop!" donghyuck shouted hoping for them to listen but it looked like they were too blinded with anger to think properly and hear donghyuck's yells.

when the tan went back to look at the woman, she was already on the floor. donghyuck ran towards her and even heard mr. lee's angry shouts.

"don't touch my wife you faggot!"

it pierced the tan's heart, honeslty, but he just ignored the pain and went to help mark's mom.

even if he was disrespected, as much as he wants to be angry and beat the old man, he couldn't. donghyuck couldn't bring himself to really hate mrs. lee's husband. afterall, he's still the father of the canadian he loves the most.

donghyuck thought that mr. lee probably is the most problematic father he had currently met in his life, bringing worst things to his children. maybe the best thing he did was to gave life to mark and jaehyun.

"s-stop please" mrs. lee begged her voice trembling as donghyuck went closer.

"m-maam i know the two of them are almost killing each other but you need to calm down" says the tan who's also trembling.

"h-how can i calm down when i see two important men in my life h-hurting?" she replied shaking her head.

the boy beside him bit his lower lip thinking on what to do. he can't just go in there easily. for christ's sake he maybe sassy but physically he's no match for them. mr. lee will only send him flying to the ceiling.

mark and his father didn't stopped until the only woman inside the room yelled so loud, so loud that you can hear the pain in her voice.

"s-stop it already! i b-beg you!" she burried her face on her palms, her cries the only thing that was then heard when the room became silent, "p-please stop!"

donghyuck felt a lump on his throat as he stared at her in sadness not even noticing that mark and his dad are also on the floor, a few meters from each other and catching their breaths.

mark wiped off the blood on his lip using the back of his hand glaring at the man across him.

"m-mrs lee" donghyuck called softly and hugged her.

"p-please stop" she whispered in between her cries. and the next thing that came out from her mouth pained donghyuck but not as much as it pained mark.

"i-i don't wan't to lose a-another son"

a week already passed by since the events that occured at the lee's residence and for the past days, donghyuck's been trying his very best to cheer mark up and the older was happy because of his efforts.