[05]

early in the morning and donghyuck was not in the mood. the things that happened yesterday wouldn't leave his mind and so causing for him to not get any sleep at all.

oh how he wanted to peel the canadian's skin off. mark showed his superiority and donghyuck got irritated by it. 

throwing his bag on his chair, jaemin who was just talking to renjun noticed the boy's mood. he elbowed the chinese and motioned his mouth to his newly arrived best friend. 

"are you okay hyuck?" renjun observed him and saw some bags underneath his eyes.

donghyuck messed up his hair, "do i look like i'm okay?" renjun pressed his lips into a thin line with his answer. 

jaemin on the other hand began to become worried for donghyuck and for himself. yesterday, mark suddenly barged in taeyong's office and jaemin was horrified. he didn't know if mark noticed him because he seemed to be angry and just went up straight to taeyong. 

like doghyuck, he too was confused on why mark was there. 

the pink haired male already knew about donghyuck and mark's conversation making him more worried for the older. 

after a few minutes, their subject teacher came and class started. 

the bell rang and the students cheered. "since the bell already rang i would like to remind you that next week we will have our intramurals and i wish that all of you will participate" the students then clapped. they were all excited about the news because it only means one thing, no classes. 

"i know you all are excited and it's already time so class dismissed" the teacher smiled and carried her things, walking towards the door. 

"oh my gee next week is our intramurals yay" renjun lazily said sarcasm visible in his tone. jaemin just laughed and pinched his cheeks earning a glare. 

"cheer up injunnie next week is gonna be fun!" unlike renjun who doesn't like intramurals, jaemin on the other hand love it. 

"of course jaemin is excited, he'll be able to see his boyfriend playing in the court" donghyuck boredly faced them and saw how jaemin's cheeks turn to red. 

"he's not my boyfriend!" renjun secretly rolled his eyes feeling a sting in his heart. 

"yet" the tan boy continued making him blush more. 

all of their attention then went to the open door when they heard a voice. it was chenle who's waving at them. 

"hyungs, ge! come on let's eat already!" chenle shouted. he's a year younger than them and classmates with jisung whom jaemin teased to him. 

the three then stood up and went to the cafeteria. as usual, it was loud with the students chit-chatting and doing other crazy things. 

they immediately went to the counter and ordered before going to a vacant table. 

"everyone seems really excited for next week" jaemin placed his tray and looked around his surroundings. their schoolmates were giggling while talking about the event that will happen.

"not everyone bitch, i'd rather drown in my books than attend that exhausting event" renjun commented and pulled out a book. 

"hyung i just signed up for the soccer team and jisung's gonna help me train" the youngest exclaimed happily while munching into his fries. donghyuck stopped in the middle of stirring his spaghetti and turned to him. 

"since when did you became close with jisung?" poor chenle choked on his fries with the sudden question. jaemin quickly handed him a water and the boy drank it up, coughing in the middle of the process. 

renjun glanced at them and shook his head before going back to his business. 

"i-i almost died" chenle uttered lightly hitting his chest. this is not a rare occasion though, the dolphin just seem to choke on his food whenever  he's asked with a question he didn't expect to hear.

"i thought the chicken is courting you already?" jaemin raised a brow making chenle spat the water out. "ew dirty water" 

"w-we're just f-friends hyung!" he protested but jaemin just gave him a teasing look. 

"that's where it all starts lele" chenle frowned and diverted his gaze to renjun who's busy reading at the same time eating. 

"you're friends with renjun ge too though but why are you still not courting him?" renjun and jaemin instantly frozed. renjun gripped his book tighter and felt his heart beating so fast.

"the fuck you saying chenle?" the other chinese suddenly spoke and chenle innocently looked at him. 

meanwhile donghyuck was just leaning his back into his chair, enjoying the drama in front of him. he may or may not have a suspicion about renjun having feelings for jaemin and with chenle's words his guess strengthened. 

"y-you're just hungry chenle just continue eating" jaemin obviously stuttered and chenle giggled at it. renjun though was formulating a plan on how to throw a dolphin back to the ocean.

"seriously y'all are making me laugh-" donghyuck didn't finished his words when the large doors of the cafeteria opened and revealed a chinese boy, their school council vice president to be exact. 

the said boy then scanned around the whole place who was now in dead silence. donghyuck then met with his eyes and the vice president nodded at him. 

"lee donghyuck of class A - 1, please come here" donghyuck clicked his tongue and the three gave him a worried look. 

"why is he calling you hyung?" the youngest asked but he didn't replied. he stood up and felt a hand holding his arms which turned out to be jaemin's. 

"i'll be fine jae" he pulled his arm from jaemin's grip. both of them had the same hint on why donghyuck was called and it has to be connected to what happened yesterday. 

donghyuck held his chin up while walking across the cafeteria. he could feel their eyes at him and could hear some murmurs but he didn't care. 

when he reached the boy standing in the doorway, the chinese who goes by the name xiaojun closed the door at their backs. 

xiaojun faced him and cleared his throat. 

"the council president wants to see you"