Chapter 56: The Odd One Out

Jungkook's eyes remained locked onto the monster that was staring at him in return. He had no other words to say once the Director's eyes feasted on his soul. Eating away at his ease and making him become uncomfortable in seconds. Jeon Jungkook of course, had no idea what the man thought of him so, he only hoped to return a smile but he instantly found it too difficult to do in that cold second.

The Director held his glare over Jungkook for a long minute which felt like hours on end. It wasn't until Jungkook heard Namjoon let out a quick exhale and fix his posture.

"I... feel like I'm coming down with something. I can't stay here long enough so, please... take care of Jimin for me. I'm going to the pharmacy," Namjoon whispered to Jungkook and noticed the Director approaching the two instantly. Almost curious to know what they were whispering about.

"Pharmacy? Namjoon, are-"

Before Jungkook could finish his own sentence, the Director walked in front of the two and carried a warming smile that only seemed cold in Namjoon's eyes since he was well aware of the hell he could raise upon anyone who dared to test him. Jungkook silenced himself, observing every detail to the man's cryptic smile engraving into his mind. The Director seemed warm and happy with his smile but the scar over his face told a different story Jungkook was scared to read.

"Jeon Jungkook, it's such a pleasure to finally meet you!" The Director spoke happily and watched the two bow in front of him. "The talented young entrepreneur, finally standing before me. I'm flattered to be in your presence."

Namjoon grew sick of hearing his boss speak to Jungkook as if the monster himself wasn't losing sleep to find the photographer Jimin adored. This caused the manager to remain silent as the Director held his hand out towards Jungkook and shook hands. Jungkook of course, had no idea what this man truly was and shook his hand, starting to catch onto something wrong the moment Namjoon silenced himself.

"Boss, I will be stepping out," Namjoon mentioned and watched the Director turn his head and tilt it in his direction. Letting Jungkook's hand go in order to fold his own arms right after.

"Where are you off to? Won't you stay and watch?"

"I'm... not well, I have to go to the pharmacy..." Namjoon mentioned and cleared his throat. "I'm getting very nauseous."

The Director took a second longer to glare at Namjoon with the most uneasy smile Jungkook has ever seen. The cryptic tension between the two deepened and left the atmosphere thickening to the point where Jungkook could only hope to step back and try to find out what caused them to behave this way towards each other. For sure, Jungkook just knew that Namjoon did not like his own boss for a reason that went further than just a relationship between a boss and an employee.

"That's fine, Namjoon, I hope you feel better," The Director finally answered. Cutting through the thick tension and watching as Namjoon only nodded his head and walked away instantly. Leaving Jungkook with the monster just to protect Jimin the best he could. Namjoon didn't want to leave so suddenly, but he knew that with the Director there, the office was left vacant for the first time in a while. He just knew the obsessive monster just couldn't miss a photoshoot with Jimin in it.

"It's... such a pleasure to meet you too, Sir," Jungkook followed after. Starting to catch onto the needles poking at his skin the second he stood in front of the Director. With this, memories of what Jimin would say about this man when they slipped from his mouth, began to submerge. Jungkook didn't need to look far into his thoughts now to know that this man wasn't as kind as he tried to make himself out to be.

"Jungkook, when Jimin mentioned you to me and asked to work with you, I couldn't help but to become curious! I'm just dying to know what type of man you are and what really makes you the odd one out! You are so special and talented." The Director's words were gentle, but Jungkook began to realize that there must have been a reason why Jimin would react the way he normally did towards the man. But of course, Jungkook just didn't want to assume the worst.