Chapter 42: Something Amiss

"I didn't know higher-ups in the industry get involved with the idols instead of the managers... but what do I know? Maybe I might be overthinking this..." Jungkook thought in his head. Not daring to touch Jimin's phone at all but only staring at it silently. It wasn't until then a chill raced down his spine just recalling the many messages that were left behind by the Director. Was this how business truly worked in Jimin's entertainment? The young man couldn't tell.

"I guess I shouldn't think about it too much... Jimin is the most famous and loved person there is and I would panic if he went missing too. They must be losing their heads looking for him!" Jungkook thought. Brushing away the idea of the many calls Jimin was receiving. However, he did keep in mind that the Director himself was the only one blowing Jimin's phone up at the moment.

Jungkook sat over the bed and kept looking at the phone as it turned off but then would turn on and flash the same caller ID repeatedly. Was this normal? Jungkook shook his head and tried to forget about it while he laid right beside Jimin and held his hand. When he closed his eyes; laying right by Jimin and only keeping one hand in contact with him, Jimin's hand tightened along Jungkook's and intertwined his fingers with his in return as he was sleeping.

"In his sleep, he still tries to distract me..." Jungkook thought and gawked at the small hand he held within his own. "Is he trying to distract me? or is he clinging onto me like always? I'll never be able to tell what goes on in that mind... that beautiful, pitiful, mind of his..."

After laying with Jimin for a while longer, Jimin did wake up and clung onto Jungkook. Holding him tightly in his arms while the smile on his face was the rawest smile he could ever feel on a day he should be working. To Jungkook, he enjoyed the feeling of Jimin wrapping his arms around him followed by innocent giggles that escaped his lips even when Jimin tried his best to suppress them. However, the young man couldn't help but to ponder the idea that Jimin had the tendency to avoid many things, even the angelic side he shows to the world.

Once the sun set and after another meal Jimin prepared for the two, Jimin wore the clothes Jungkook gave him. He looked at himself in the mirror, observing the way the waistband of the joggers hugged his hips, the oversized sweater covering his torso completely and a black bucket hat to match with the black style he wore. Jimin looked at himself in the mirror and smiled to himself before tucking his light blond hair into the hat.

"If I knew your clothes did a better job at hiding my looks, I would have raided your wardrobe a while ago!" Jimin spoke into a smile. Looking at Jungkook through the reflection of the mirror to see him sitting at the table. Wearing a loose sweatshirt over his underwear and scrolling through his laptop. "Jungkook~" Jimin whispered once more and caught his attention. "What are doing?"

"I'm... seeing all the good publicity the studio has been getting and looking into applications I've received. It's going to come in handy once I start working with you," Jungkook replied and continued to scroll through and read more feedback. "I still can't believe that the appointments for the next few weeks have been booked already... it all feels so unreal."

"Well, what do you expect? It's only going to get better from here," Jimin whispered softly as he walked behind Jungkook and gave him a hug. "To work with you again... I can't wait~"

"Don't try anything this time, I don't want to get caught..."

"You won't get caught, besides, I want to practice abstinence when it comes to you. Well... when it comes to work, I'll learn to be patient, but I won't be so innocent when we come back to the penthouse~" Jimin whispered into Jungkook's ear and hugged his body from behind the chair. "Just know, it's not so easy keeping myself from you."