Chapter 44: A Caged Bird

Jimin was numb to feeling things that would normally scare him. He didn't want to see the Director but at the end of the day, the man he feared, was the one who directed and called all the shots to the model's career. In order to have Jungkook work with him as his photographer, Jimin had no other choice but to face the Director and let him know about it.

Within the car ride there, Jimin sat silently. His medications made it difficult for him to grow anxious, but also made it difficult for him to feel like himself. It was as if his soul was sucked out of his own body and fake smiles were easier to make despite the pain he would still have wandering around in his mind. Park Jimin sat in the backseats of the car with Namjoon and pressed his head against the window; sighing and catching the older man's attention almost instantly.

"Jimin..." Namjoon called out to the young man in a delicate whisper as he looked off to the side where Jimin sat. "Jimin, you don't... have to do this... there are many great photographers of yours," the manager whispered, not really thinking much of how badly Jimin wanted to work with Jungkook in order to see him often.

"I have to and I need to... I don't want any other photographer..." Jimin replied. His eyes latched onto Namjoon's soul with a blank stare that left him concerned. "I want him..."

"If... that's what you want, I... I can't change your mind, but please... if there's anything you want me to do, I'll always be here to help." The manager wasn't on the nose of how he speculated the hatred Jimin had towards the Director. He only wanted to offer many ways to relieve the stress off of the beautiful man before he would face the Director alone.

"I know..." Jimin closed off the conversation and gazed out the window once again. Wanting to escape far, but the door he sat next to was always set on child lock. He had no escape even when the car was parked and it was safe for him to step out of the vehicle.

The plentiful minutes that gave him time to mentally prepare himself before the meeting, went away with a snap of a finger. Jimin sat in one of the waiting chairs in the long hallway leading up to the office with Namjoon until it was time for him to step in and face the toughest part of his life. Jimin contemplated on actually pulling through with this, but the moment his mind touched on the memory of the endless raw smiles he received from Jungkook, Jimin knew he had to fight for something he needed in his life. The way Jimin depended on Jungkook to an extent, was what made him confident to face the man in the office once it was time. His medications amplified the idea of Jungkook as the positive thought that always kept him going.

His ears rang the whole time he waited. His mind tuned Namjoon's voice out as his own silence was the noise filling his ears until he knew it was time. Jimin knocked first and stepped in once he faced those hellish doors. Not even sure if his medications would be able to hold back the amount of emotional pain pending to be released the moment he would look up at the Director in his deadly stare and the scar over his pale face. The scar Jimin caused to the man so long ago.

Jimin stepped in. Holding his breath and keeping his eyes locked onto the ground the moment the door behind him closed. His eyes had no other choice but to look up to see where the older man stood... Yet, it was such a difficult thing to do, he froze in one place and didn't want to move his head at the curiosity of where the Director stood.

The Director sat at his chair like always, looking through the many pictures of Jimin from his recent photoshoots in order to find a difference. He was still looking for the odd one out that made Jimin happy and couldn't recall even taking a break. That's how invested and obsessed he became in the situation and his habits only worsened when Jimin was gone the whole day before. Through his endless investigation, he finally looked up, not realizing Jimin was already standing there since he was as silent as a mouse. Within seconds, he stood up and let out a relieved exhale that made Jimin grip onto the fabric of his own dress pants.