Chapter 13.5: Cecilia.

Start from the beginning

"Are we there yet?"

"No." (Lord Vincent)

"Are we there yet?"

"...No." (Lord Vincent)

"I mean... Are we there yet?"

"For the last time no." (Lord Vincent)

"Are you sure?"

"If you don't stop talking we're turning back, Kein." (Lord Vincent) was serious this time so I gave up asking.

"Apologies- I'll stop now." I obediently just followed them now without asking any questions.

The butler in front of us looked constipated and nervous when he heard us talking with one another. Hey buddy mind you own ears, don't eavesdrop. I groaned inside as the walk felt like forever and my heart kept pounding on the excitement of wanting to paint a for sure masterpiece.

I hear Lord Vincent sigh as he turns to me, the butler stopping in a white door, "We are here my lord."

"Thank you. I can take over from here now." (Lord Vincent) excused the butler and he went on his way to probably continue his work and report back to the maids for gossip. He's going to be ambushed somewhere, I guarantee that.

He looked at me, eyes piercing my existence. "Do. Not. Say. Something. Improper."

Well, after all what he did today. I guess he helped me, the least I could do is comply. "Promise I won't say anything weird. I just need to paint here then I'll be out like in a flash."

Lord Vincent's body relaxes and his eyes are filled with worry. "I trust you. In any case I have to go and erm... talk to the other royal family so will you be alright being alone with the first princess?"

Well if you mean behavior wise yes. "Yep I will. Now I don't want to occupy your time. You should get going then, Lord Vincent."

"Alright. See you before sundown." (Lord Vincent)

He smiles and waves as he leaves, his figure disappearing into the hallways.

I was now left alone, I slapped my cheek softly to prepare myself to meet the first princess. "Ow... right I forgot Madelyn gave me a burn in my right hand..."

She might have actually broken my wrist too I just didn't notice... but I know it'll heal soon enough. "What horrible luck I have."

.-.-.-.-.-.

I knocked on the door with my left hand. I should reserve my right hand for painting only for now... I waited but there was a few seconds of silence before I decided to call out to the door.

"May I come in umm...your highness?"

"Yes, please come in."

I opened the door a little slow because I wasn't used to my left hand doing the things I normally deal with but I can manage.