21. Coller or Kellin

So fast foward to yesterday. I'll tell you the rest another day. So any way fast foward to yesterday. Daddy dearest called to talk to me. I ask him why he hated me.

Things escalated from that. Well he punch me. I lost my balance and hit my head on something. I lost consious and when I woke up I had stiches in my head and this" I say gesturing to my face.

"Thanks for telling me" we switch lunches and carry on with our conversation. Like nothing happend

"So your gay" She decided to ask out of the blue. I stared at her for a minute. Its not like I haven't told her. There's no going back from this.

"No. Im gay" she nodded and went back to eating her food. She cleared her throat before speaking again.

"So you wouldn't happen to like someone wuld you?" she asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Actually there is this one person. We had a thing but he called it of because he was going back to school" her eyes widen. She stopped eating. She moved closer to me.

"Ooh, now I'm interested. Who is he" should I tell her about Keller.

"Promise me you won't tell anyone. I'm not sure if he came out yet" she nodded her head in agreement.

"So who is it" I took in a deep breath

"Um Keller Quinn" I mumble. It would be a miracle if she heard.

"Who"

"Keller Quinn" I said a bit more loud.

" I'm sorry who" she said cupping her ear.

"Keller Quinn!" I shouted. A few heads turned but I ignored them. She then proceeded to scream.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" she kept chanting.

"You and Keller Quinn" I nod and she lets out the highest squeal that I ever heard.

"Sshh, someone might hear" I hush her but she continues to speak.

"Coller or kellin. I ship it" I laugh at her couple name.

As school drag on I was going home. The place I didn't want to go. Maybe I shout stay at an apartment if this continues. I have the money and I wouldn't have a problem.

As I drive home a feeling crept up. Anxiety possibly or sadness but it felt like a mix of both. As I park my car in the underground garage. I get out of the car and the feeling kept growing. Like something bad was going to happen.

I take the elevator. The doors open and I'm met with the sight of my father. I ignore him and walk to my room. I don't have time to fight tonight. I'm mentally and physically exhausted from school.

"Collin" he said. I continue to walk to my room. I would have gotten there faster but the crutches were slowing me down.

"Father, can we not do this now. I'm afraid I have homework" I said in a cold and robotic voice. I continue to walk up the stairs.

"I need to speak to you, Collin" I continue to walk up the stairs.

"Collin Chambers. Stop and listen. I'm your dad for Christ sake!" He shouted. Hos voice boomed across the empty house.

"You lost that right to be my dad the second you called me that word and you still want me to consider you my dad" I continue to walk up the stairs. When I reached the top stair he was behind me.

"And you know the best part of this. Is that I actually thought no I hoped that me almost dying would make you change" I say my eye stinging. Starting to fill with tears.