25. Reserved Seat

Começar do início

I put that thought aside for now and turned to look at Max. He gave me a smile before he helped me climb down from my seat. Gwen asked about the trip, and if we saw the owls. Max did all the talking while I just watched him unloading our stuff. There were no words to describe how wonderful and amazing the trip had been. I could only wish that things would stay as amazing and wonderful from now on.

Only a minute later, my dad arrived and parked his car right next to us.

"Hey guys!" he smiled at us when he stepped out and walked to me. "I would ask if you guys had fun, but I know that look."

"What look?" I smirked.

"That look," he chuckled and tousled my hair. "That's the one you have when you can't wait to tell me everything about it."

"Daaad," I whined and pushed his hand away. "You messed up my hair..."

"I think you look cool," Max smiled, handing the crutches to me.

I knew he meant adorable. Cool was the new codeword for it.

"So, how was your first night camping outside?" Dad turned to ask Max.

"It was great – I had really fun," Max said and flashed a smile at me. "I can't wait for next weekend so we can do it again."

"Yeah..." I breathed out with a cheesy smile – I couldn't stop melting when Max looked at me like that.

"Is that so?" my dad chuckled. "Hey! I got an idea – if you liked it that much, maybe I can ask your parents if they'll let you come with us, when we go for our week-long camping trip later this year. I happen to know that Sky would love to bring a friend with us."

I wasn't quite sure what happened at that moment. It was kind of like a fit of overcharged excitement. I felt like I could explode.

"YES! Oh please, yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! That's going to be so much fun! Max, you'll come right? Right? Right?! A whole week! Camping! Swimming! Fishing! Fishing Max! I'll teach you...!" I ran out of breath and started to feel dizzy, but sadly, that didn't stop me. "You have to come! It's going to be so awesome!"

Luke and Gwen stared at me with wide eyes; my dad just laughed cheerily, but Max placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me another smile.

"I'd love to come," he said quietly.

"YES!!" I screeched and hugged him tightly.

"But you need to breathe," he continued.

"Okay!" I said and took a deep breath. "It's going to be so much fun!"

"Just breathe," Max laughed lightly and rubbed my back. "You'll faint if you don't. Take a few deep breaths and let them out slowly."

"I know how to breathe..." I pouted, but then I got excited again. "Yes! You'll come with us on the camping trip! That is so AWESOME!"

"We still need to ask if his parents will let him come," my dad tried to calm me down.

"I'm sure they will," Max said. "My mom has been begging me to hang out with my friends."

"See, Dad! He's coming!" I spoke, jumping up and down. Dad just shook his head in amusement. Then I remembered that I wasn't supposed to be jumping around. "Ouch!"

"Sky!" Max grabbed me immediately and looked down at me with worry in his eyes – in his beautiful eyes. "Don't hurt yourself."

"Huh? Oh – it's just my ankle..." I muttered.

"Just...?" Max repeated and sighed. "Seriously... Someone needs to tie you down or your ankle will never heal."

"But...!" I gasped dramatically, but my dad cut me off.