Something More: Part 34

"If he gives you too much trouble just give us a call, I'll have my cell."

"Relax Natasha, we have children. At this point what is one more for us?" Laura laughed trying to ease the red heads fears as she was trying to say good bye to James. James was blissfully unaware of what was going on and was all smiles, while his mother looked like she was going to be sick. Natasha slowly bounced James as she swayed side to side in her dress. Hair and makeup was already done when Laura brought James in to say goodnight. "You guys can always come back if you need to. I don't know what Steve has planned but I know he wouldn't take you too far."

"I know. Damn it. Why is this so hard?" Natasha kissed James head as she handed him to Laura.

"Natasha, this is totally normal. I felt the same way with Cooper. This is your baby; your first baby. It's okay to be a little afraid of the unknown. But, Clint and I will take care of him. And I promise not to leave him alone with Clint. Who knows what those two would get up to." Laura chuckled as Natasha smiled.

"James would probably be able to shoot a bow and arrow when we get back. Thank you Laura." Natasha sighed, collecting herself.

Natasha made her way down the stairs where Steve and Clint were having a beer waiting on Natasha. Her cheeks turned pink from just the look on Steve's face. She was wearing a black dress that was tight and came to mid thigh. It also showed off a tasteful amount of cleavage, as she didn't want to make Steve too jealous if people stare. Steve cleared his throat as she reached the bottom of the stairs.

"You look beautiful, baby." Steve gave her a million dollar smile as he took her hand and kissed her full lips.

"Okay, it's clearly too late for the safe sex talk. So I guess I'll just say be careful and have her back by 9am." Clint stepped up and crossed his arms over his chest. The couple smiled and shook their heads at him.

"Good night, Clint." Natasha kissed his cheek as they headed outside. Natasha started walking towards the truck, but Steve pulled her away. She gave him a confused look as he smiled looking at his feet.

"I actually planned something here. If you don't like it we can go out somewhere.." he started to ramble as Natasha cupped his face with her hand cutting him off.

"I'm sure I'll love it, baby. Show me." She smiled at him in a way that always made him weak in the knees.

The couple walked hand in hand across the field. When they got to the top of the hill, Natasha smiled widely at the picnic set up. She looked up to Steve to see him still looking nervous.

"I wanted to watch the sunset with you. I couldn't find any Russian restaurants out here or a decent pizza place; no one beats New York pizza. But I got burgers and fries and milkshakes. I even found a decent cheesecake; I know how much you craved that when you were pregnant with James."

Natasha cut off his rambling with a soft kiss on his lips, "It's perfect. I love you." She kissed him again, this time feeling him relax against her as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She pulled away too quickly for his liking.

"I'm seriously starving though." She smiled at him innocently as she looked at the basket and then back to him.

"Let's get you some food then." Steve smiled as they both sat and he handed her a wrapped burger and fries. They two talked about random things, about the pregnancy, James, and work. They laughed and stole kisses. As the sun started to set, Natasha leaned into Steve with her back pressed against his chest. Steve wrapped his arms around her protectively as she sat between his legs and watched it together. After the sun went past the trees they quick cleaned up and started walking hand in hand back to the house.

"I really had a great time, Steve. That was perfect." She stopped walking and got in her tippy toes begging for a kiss which Steve happily gave.

"I'm glad you liked it, baby. But it's not over yet." He smiled at the look on her face.

"It's not?" She raised an eyebrow as he lead her towards the old barn. She gave him a look as he smiled and covered her eyes. She smirked as she humoured him and allowed him to lead her in.

"Okay. You can open your eyes." Steve took his hands off her face and stood beside her watching her features.

Natasha felt tears prick her eyes. In front of her was a dance floor, lit up with fairy lights and an old record player sitting to the side. There were pictures of her, Steve and James strung up with string. Natasha took a step closer still in awe as she covered her mouth with one hand. She couldn't believe Steve did this for her. It still shocked her everyday, the immense love she felt.  She turned to kiss Steve only to find him down on one knee.

"Nat. I have loved you for as long as I've know you. Even if I wouldn't admit it to myself then. I think I was always destined to go into the ice, because I was meant to find you. I love you, so much. I didn't know someone could feel this strongly about another. You gave me the best thing that could ever happy to me; James. And we are doing it again." Steve smiled and placed on hand on her stomach. "I'm so happy that we are expanding our family, but I realized something was missing. I don't want you to just be my girlfriend anymore, baby. After everything we have been through, it doesn't sound like a title worthy enough for you. Will you do me the greatest honour, of becoming my wife? Will you marry me, Natalia Alianova Romanova?"

Natasha looked down with tear filled eyes as Steve opened the velvet box.

To be continued...

*Sike 😏*

"Yes." Natasha whispered, as she dropped to her knees and brought Steve into a passionate kiss.

Now seriously....

To be continued...