32. Wonderful young woman

Chloe's pov

A year back, someone could have told me that a day will come when I'll be having something I'll call mine, something so big as Toothsome, the restaurant I was opening that night and I'll tell them no way in all honesty and sincerity.

That was so much more and too impossible.

But on that very day, on that Wednesday night, there I were admiring the view of my very own restaurant. Everything was perfect for me.

So picturesque.

Earlier we had a makeup artist over, he did his wonders on my face but it wasn't something extravagant, he just kept my makeup minimal and natural, just perfect for me. I wouldn't want something so over apart from the winged eyeliner on top of the golden eyeshadow.

My designer dress had alived three days earlier, thanks to Cherry. It was her doing and she's the one who paid for it claiming that it was a one time gift she was offering and I wasn't supposed to say no.

So my dress was a shade of wine red with gold elements streaking on my borderlines. I accompanied it with a pair of golden stilettos that at least made me a little taller. My hair was straightened and made up into a high ponytail.

I admired the woman in the mirror when I looked at myself. That wasn't possibly Chloe from a year ago. That Chloe used to wear canvas and shady jeans accompanied with plain t-shirts. The Chloe in the mirror looked poised and elegant. A woman with class. I was radiating off something powerful from just a look but I knew myself better, I Couldn't blow away that sense everyday, it was just for that night.

But a part of me, wanted to be that woman every waking day.

I had admired myself enough and I decided to take another peek on what was going on in the hall that was to be my restaurant in a weeks time.

I had an upper room slightly above the floor of my restaurant and Caesar had suggested that I should turn it into an office, my office. On that place, I was able to see everything that was going on below me.

As I watched people interact among themselves, waiting for my grand entrance as Cherry put it, I couldn't help but get nervous. It wasn't an everyday thing that one should get used to, it was a one time.

I wasn't used to seeing many people all at once, I didn't like congregations, not so much as talking to a mass people, I was starting to have second thoughts.

We had been with Cherry for the most part of the day. She had tried calming me and telling me that everything was going to be okay. I wish it was that easy. Easier said than done.

Calming your nerves was one thing and having a thousand pair of eyes looking at you, waiting anxiously for what you have to deliver was another.

"Go up there, Ace it ting ting. I know you can do it." Cherry cheered me up before she left.

"You're a bomb ass woman. I'm happy for you and I can't wait to witness all of your successes." Tracy had added before they did a once over on me before joining others.

I wish it was that easy. I sighed heavily before I heard what almost made my heart stop. It was Caesar's voice.

"I hope you've enjoyed yourself with the drinks, and I think it's time to bring to you the very owner, the mind behind all that you're seeing here." I couldn't see him from where I was but I could picture the big smile on his face.

He wanted me to do this just as much as I wanted to. He'd supported me through all the way and it was an overstatement to say I was the mind behind all of what was in the  restaurant. He took the largest part in making it a success.