6. Why Caesar?

Caesar's POV

Things were never the same again. Everything changed with just a kiss I can call mere. I wasn't thinking straight anymore, Marvelous Chloe's innocence was unraveling me. She was so not for this world.

Who in her almost twenty one years knew nothing about the other gender, she didn't even know she was touching my boner which was reacting sweetly to her.

But that's not it. I wanted to know her. More and more. So I decided to conduct a private investigation. Since she had told me she was from Rochester, I decided to go there by myself. I asked for the Johnson's.

Cherry had once told me that the girl always had nightmares and she'd heard her mention Mrs Johnson and something to do with begging her in those nightmares. That was an enough clue to lead me.

Apparently, I found out that Mrs Johnson was the freaking wife of the man who used to be my dad's best friend. The fake best friend who never even attended his funeral.
Fate must have been pulling tricks on me, how the little girl who was their responsibility ended up in my house is miraculous.

I got a chance to bribe one of their workers, she was a woman. After giving her a certain amount of money, she told me everything. Am certain she was a maid or something like that.

She ended up telling me how Mr and Mrs Johnson were strict with Marvelous, how they took her as their responsibility when her parents died when she was five years old, how they never allowed her to get out of the compound, not even going to church, her all time home tutorials, how she grew up alone, how she wasn't allowed to communicate even with workers around. And how she was finally unleashed at twenty.

Funny how she ended up in Bronx after she was let loose, in my home much crazier. There was no point of doubting the girl's intentions, she was practically innocent, she was so native and she lacked worldliness. That's what made her special and unique from all the girls I'd encountered before.

I respected her decisions, we could bump into each other on the hallway and she could say sorry quickly and ran off. We never shared a table when taking our meals, she could take them later after am done or she could serve herself and go eat in her room.

I was okay with that but at the same time, I wanted her to be free with me.

Two months had passed, she was still the same with me, but I wanted to do something for her. I wanted her to have some little exposure to the world.

I had to do something.

***

"Come in." Her soft voice came through after my first knock at her bedroom door.

I entered the room, closed the door behind me and leaned on it. She gave a strange look like she was expecting someone else, not me.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Hi." She replied casually raising a brow.

" How're you marvellous."

" Good. I know this is your house but...uhmmm..." She bit her lip and looked up at me in embarrassment.

"Hmmmm...?" I teased raising a brow too.
I knew she wanted to send me off but she didn't find the right words which was straight fine.

"Sorry. You can take a sit." She pointed to the coach at the corner of the room.

Instead, I marched slowly towards her bed and sat next to her. I felt her inhale sharply scooting away from me.

"Are you afraid of me?"

"I'm not." She retorted.

" Then why are you moving away from me Marvelous? You know I don't bite." I teased.