20. Rare soul.

Caesar's pov.

I don't know how days moved, all I knew is that I had made a big mistake. I don't know what came over me, I don't know where the sudden urge of being overprotective for my marvelous Chloe came from.

I'm sure it wasn't pity, I just wanted what was the best for her. She seemed extremely innocent and nontoxic. She deserved the world.

She was a rare soul, she had this infectious energy that makes you want to run next to her, she belonged to no one but herself and to anyone that was yet to understand themselves, would find the missing pieces in her presence.

She had a vintage heart and a beautiful mind, that's why I wanted her to be finally the sun of her own life.

But every hope and wish I had for her vanished the moment she left my house. My house wasn't mine anymore, it lacked that warmth that had started to cave in.

Cherry had filled me up on what was going on. They had stayed on our old house for a week. I was totally okay with Cherry giving her company. I wasn't mad that my sister had chosen her over me, no, instead I was mad that I overstepped my boundaries which made them leave.

After a week Cherry got back explaining to me that Chloe had forced her to do so. That I needed her to be with me. No, I needed them both. So Chloe had gotten a free room inside the campus dormitories. Cherry had helped her find one since she insisted on moving out. So one of cherry's friends who had moved outside the campus rented her room to Chloe.

I wasn't happy about her decision, neither was Cherry, but we had no say.

Everyday I wished to get home to a smell of giant skillet brownies or caramel cheesecake. She just knew how to make my evenings after a long ass day from work. She also knew how to make my weekends better whenever I was at home.

Sometimes I could just sit at the kitchen stool bar watching her bake, her happiness was contagious as she did what she liked most. She could gush out, "Today I'm going to make vegan banana nut scones, wait until they hit your taste buds. If you won't go insane, you'll definitely be drank then!" After that she'll fall into fits of giggles and I'll just watch her in amazement not aware of how my lips would twitch up at the corners of my mouth. Those rare times we had that closure are the ones I ached for as time moved by.

It was remaining three weeks to her graduation. It was a six month course but I know how much it meant to her. I was sitting at my office chair, twirling around as my thoughts wandered back to her again.

I had this fantasy of seeing her burst through my office doors carrying a plastic dish of Nutella bread pudding, the one she had just baked for me at school. Then she would smile shyly as she approaches me---

My office phone rang interrupting my fantasy. I let out a hideous groan picking it up.

"Son of a bastard!" Mesh's voice boomed through the speakers in a provoking way.

"So much for avoiding your calls." I clicked my tongue.

"I swear you're one fucked up son of a bastard and am not taking that back. The architect you asked me to hire is done with what you instructed me to do." He said faster and a little too harsh.

I Know he was mad at me for ignoring his phone calls. He was so nagging. He would always ask me about Chloe, claiming that his wife was worried about her. I stopped paying attention to his FBI madness. I Know he was concerned about me, he wasn't asking for his wife's benefit. Of course Tracy cared about Chloe but that was it. I ignored them altogether.

"Look, I know your head is twisted but you really have to come up with something." His voice came through.

"I'm not twisted Mesh, I'm okay and I don't think I still want that restaurant. I have no idea on how to run one." I sighed into the phone running my hand down my face.