Gently Sleeping

Draco enters the living room after working in his office to see Y/n asleep with their baby in her arms.

Post-War

Dad Draco.

It was a frigid Sunday afternoon. After making breakfast for Y/n while she got her extra, much needed rest and tending to baby Scorpius, Draco had resided to his office for the day to catch on work he had fallen behind. If it were a sun-filled day, they would probably be out for a walk with their newborn baby, sharing kisses with his wife. But the loud pattering against his office's tottering cottage window only spurred him to work harder for that little bit longer before spending the evening with his small and perfect family.

Meanwhile, Y/n had been caring for their son. Knowing how much Draco needed to catch up on the work and therefore, sat in their little living room, watching tv or reading a book while she attended to her son's side whenever need be.

Cooing at him, Y/n pulled the wide-eyed awake baby from his cot beside the couch, cradling him to her chest as she lay on the couch, turning down the volume of the muggle movie playing in the background as she felt her eyes droop shut alongside Scorpius'.

Draco cringes at the creek of the door as he leaves his room, nothing can be heard throughout the house but the rain rattling upon the windows and roof. "Y/n, baby? I finished my work for today. I'm sorry it took a while," Draco whispers, walking into the living room. His heart completely melts at the sight of his wife asleep on the couch, their beloved son cradled into her chest as he sleeps soundly beside her.

Turning his head to the side as he continues to watch, Draco can see Scorpius leaning further into Y/n while her chest rises and falls, creating a little wave that the baby surfs atop. He had never fallen in love with such a sight like this except the first moment he lay eyes on Y/n, or took her hand in marriage, or set eyes on his son for the first time. But watching the love of his life and the life they had created together, sleeping peacefully, safe within their own home, was beside the list of his favourite sights.

A small smile covers Draco's face as Y/n turns her head slightly, hair moving over her cheek. Her hand instinctively runs over her sons back comfortingly. She's the best mother, even in her unconscious state.

Nothing but love for them fills his thoughts, work long forgotten as Draco kneels beside his wife. Hand running up to move the hair from Y/n's face, tucking it behind her ear as he lays a soft kiss upon her cheek, repeating his action to his son, hand placed on top of Y/n's as he admires his two favourite people in the world, gently sleeping.