The Life They Created

Draco spends his usual Saturday morning with his wife, Y/n, and their two sons.

Post-War

Draco clamps his hand over his eyes, squeezing his temples on each side as he squints in pain from waking up to the sudden stream of light nearly blinding him. While allowing his eyes to adjust, he feels the pressure on his left arm. So, he automatically turns on his side, his arm wraps around her waist, his wife's back touching his chest as he nestles into the back of her hair to hide from the sunlight on the early Saturday morning.

From the contact, he can feel Y/n begin to stir in his arms so he begins to place quick and soft kisses against her hair as she hums in acknowledgement, "morning, my love" he murmurs before tugging his head back to instead lean forward and kiss her cheek. As soon as he peers over he catches sight of his youngest son, wrapped in his mother's arms, snoring lightly.

"When did Orion come in?" Draco asks, kissing Y/n's cheek as she begins to turn herself to lie on her back, and more onto Draco as he pulls the hair from her face. "Middle of the night, he had a bad nightmare" she whispers softly, closing her eyes in contentment as she rests her head on his chest, her arm still holding her son. "I didn't even wake up?" he asks disappointed that he didn't get to help not only his son but his wife at that moment, "don't worry, you normally wake up, you've been tired from work so I didn't want to disturb you" Draco reaches across to run his finger along his son's cheek as he admires the life they have created together, the family life that they built which Draco was far from expecting, but had always wanted.

They married young, just after the war ended, Draco couldn't wait any longer and after two years they finally had their first son. Only a year later they had their second son, the mother's boy that attached to her side since birth and couldn't see it changing anytime soon but he understood why. It was Y/n. Her kind and calming aura was desirable. Now they were both twenty-five years old and had the life they had talked about back when they first started dating.

Just as Draco turns to face the door, he sees the doorknob turning before the door squeaks open. Both parents watch as their older son, Scorpius, peeks in. He squints his eyes before his entire face lights up from the awakened presence of them, sprinting towards the bed and jumping on top of it. "Good morning!" he booms, his father groaning in pain from the impact of the boys hop which landed on his legs, his mother attempts to quiet the happy boy, gesturing to the sleeping sibling next to her. Instead, Draco pulls his arm from Y/n, who then moves her head to her own pillow, looking as her husband opens his arms for the boy who immediately falls into for a gentle hug as he cuddles into his father's chest, "good morning, my dear" replies Draco into his ear as the boy squirms from the tickle of his father's nose.

Y/n can see him almost instantly calm down in his father's open embrace, his giggles vanishing into a tranquil sigh. Both parents look at one another with a happy smile, communicating their optimism that they may be able to lie in longer, for once, but Draco watches as his wife's head turns to the ceiling and her mouth drops open in a sigh. Before he can ask Y/n what's wrong, he sees the tiny tuff of hair come into view as Orion leans his head on top of his mother's chest, beady eyes open and looking at his father.

Draco groans as he feels his son pushing off him as both children smile evilly at each other before getting up to bounce around on the bed, Scorpius grabbing his brother's hand to pull him over as they both laugh loudly and jump around the bed, Draco shifting his legs every so often in fear of another injury. "Alright, alright. Time to get off, get your slippers on and I'll make some breakfast" Draco laughs at his two children, sitting up to usher them down, they both jump and with joined hands run out and back to their rooms to get their slippers and housecoats on.