What Do You Think?

Draco feels he is ready to have another child with Y/n.

Post-War

Rubbing her eyes, Y/n pulls her head from the comfort of her pillow upon feeling the cold air next to her instead of her husband's warm embrace. This was becoming a pretty common feeling due to the blonde man constantly leaving their bed during the night to spend time with their son, Scorpius who was now almost a year old.

During the past eleven months, Draco has done everything to prove what an amazing father he is, and improve in his learning of fatherhood. When hearing the newborn's cries at four in the morning, although he was knackered himself he would always usher his wife and her tired stance to go back to sleep. He did all the little things, changing diapers, preparing the milk to the perfect temperature and feeding him, dressing him in cute outfits that he picked out.

Draco had proved to himself and his wife that he was capable of being the best father he could be, not that Y/n had any doubts. So when she woke up early in the morning, the full moon shining through the window with the dark blue sky, and her husband absent, she knew exactly where Draco had resided for the time being.

Y/n pulls on her dressing gown, placing the slippers that sat at the side of her bed onto her feet before carrying herself out the door and down to Scorpius' room. The door is slightly ajar and when she lightly pushes it open, she leans against the doorframe as she looks at her husband. He was sitting on the woven chair, his son gently placed on his chest with a children's book on Draco's lap as he strokes the boy's back soothingly as his little mouth lies open with heavy breathes leaving it. The boy's eyes are dropping open and closed as Draco finishes off the book, knowing his son will be asleep in a minutes time.

Draco lifts his head at the presence of Y/n and gives her a small smile before returning to the book. Their son lets out one tired yawn before closing his eyes fully and nestling further into Draco's neck. The father slowly closes the book and places it on the beside before moving himself to stand from his seat, his large hands holding onto his son's back and head as he moves him over to his cot.

After placing him down and ensuring he was comfy and sound in his bed he turns to his wife, extending his arm to pull her into his side and gesturing his finger to his mouth to be quiet as she opens her mouth to speak, he whispers, "wait till we are out of his room, my love", "well I wasn't going to shout" Y/n teases back in a hushed tone, causing Draco to roll his eyes jokingly as squeezes her shoulder and leans down to kiss her temple, her own arms wrapping around his waist from the side as they step outside their son's room. Draco shutting it carefully.

"Scorpius is nearly one" Draco begins as they walk back into their own room together, his volume back to normal as they pull away to get back into bed. Both slipping off their slippers before getting back into bed, "I know, it's crazy" answered Y/n as they slide under their duvet and her head immediately finding his chest and they settle back before sleeping, "that's why I have been thinking about something" Draco said his arm that held Y/n rubbing softly up and down her arm as he spoke, her arm that rests on his stomach applies pressure as she lifts herself to look at him better.

"What have you been thinking?" she asks, his smile curving further upwards as his hand moves from its position on his side to push back the hair falling over her face from her head angling down to look at him properly, "if you don't want to then that is more than okay to me but what do you think about having another child soon?" Draco's eyes softly look back into Y/n's as they fill with hope for her answer, she pauses for a moment in thought. "I mean whenever you would be ready, but I just thought, I'm an only child and it was boring, I just want him to have that extra bond" he explains, "I was thinking of having another child, I just didn't suspect so soon. But now you're saying it, I do feel ready to have another", his teeth show from his grin widening as she answered. His eyes searched for any sign of discomfort or hesitance in hers as his own slowly filled up with watery tears, his stroking hand stopping at the side of her head as he nods to her, "yeah?", Y/n's smile now matching Draco's and she nods, "yeah".

He leans up to quickly lay a kiss to her lips before his head sits back onto the pillow, his hand slides from her head to rub her shoulder, "okay, but we aren't trying tonight it's almost four in the morning" Y/n teased as she lay back in her bed, turning over and shuffling back as Draco wraps an arm around her waist to pull her back flush against his chest, "oh- no of course not, I was definitely not thinking tonight" he replies, his tone sounding unsure as Y/n lets out a giggle and slaps his arm lightly, "no, of course, you weren't, darling".