Lilac-Purple

Y/n is faced with a sleepless morning, and Draco suggests taking a bath.

Post-War

Insomnia mention

Staring at the kitchen sink, the low sound of crickets occupying the bushes was heard through the window's slight open, which sent a cold breeze through the sleeves of Y/n's jumper, which originally belonged to Draco.

The taste of vanilla tea remained on her tongue while she grasped the hot mug in her hands, the sunrise already touching the horizon which she cursed. Y/n was still to sleep. She and Draco had gone to bed around midnight after their usual routine of reading while the record player tuned in the background. Still, Draco was quick to fall asleep, leaving Y/n to her insomniac state in the warmth of his arms for hours without being able to settle into a dreamlike slumber.

Then the clock hit four in the morning, and that's when Y/n decided to pull herself from the comfort of her husband's embrace and the abundance of blankets that covered both of their frames. She stood silently at the kitchen sink, three cups of tea later, her eyes were aching and her body was tired but she knew it was still delayed until she eventually fell asleep. So, instead, she dealt with the light of the morning sun and decided to get an early start to their day, the idea to make them both breakfast soon.

Draco was working today, starting at nine, and therefore she had just over three hours with him until he had to leave. He should be waking soon, was a thought quickly confirmed when Y/n felt the arms of her lover wrap around her waist, the familiar scent of Draco engulfed her as he rests his head on her shoulder, leaving a soft kiss upon Y/n's neck.

"What are you doing up at this time, my love? Today is your day off," his voice much deeper in the morning as he nestles his head into her neck, contentedly inhaling his breath as he hugs his wife good morning.

"I have yet to sleep", replies Y/n, placing her mug on the countertop before turning in Draco's arms to encircle hers around his neck delicately, leaving a quick kiss on his lips. "You haven't fallen asleep?" Y/n shakes her head at Draco's question, causing his eyebrows to furrow in concern.

Letting out a sigh, he nods, "that's no good, any reason why?" his gracious hands slowly rub under her top, soothing the skin of Y/n's back as he expresses his worry over the lack of sleep his wife was getting, all the while he slept soundly beside her; filling him with an indefinite amount of guilt.

They were supposed to be in this together, and Draco feels he has failed her at that moment.

But there was still time before work that he could help Y/n catch up on sleep she fell short of, and Draco set it as his goal for the next few hours to do so. As long as his wife was asleep as he left for work, Draco would be more than happy.

He continues when she shakes her head in reply, "how about we take a bath then, hmm?" Draco suggests, causing Y/n's eyes to lift back to look at his with a hopeful and eager gaze, replying with a small nod which causes Draco to smile softly at her while his heart fills with love upon the sight of her bright yet knackered expression.

Breaking from their hug to instead pull his arm around her shoulders as she tucks into his side, Draco walks them both to their own little bathroom. He encourages Y/n to get undressed as he fills the bath. Adding some soothing lavender bath foam, Draco quickly awaits the calming water to permeate the small bathtub.

Draco begins to undress also, just before turning off the faucet, stepping in first so Y/n can lay on his chest in case she falls asleep: which is exactly what he hopes for as not only does he want Y/n to rest, but to him, she was very cute whenever she fell asleep on top of him.

Holding her hand, Draco guides his wife into the heated water filled with the scent of lavender and the soft colour of lilac-purple, set to relieve her stress and insomnia. Draco gathers her hair from her back to push to one side as his fingers dance over her bare shoulder, feeling her muscles significantly relax under the affection of his touch and the tub.

He continued soft movements over Y/n's body for her to unwind further until she fell into a well-needed rest. Using her body wash, Draco washes over her arms and chest. Her head falling back onto his shoulder in relief as her eyes close. He lets out a small smile as he feels her limbs become heavier against him, lightly washing the soap from them with the soothing water.

Minutes later, Y/n was finally asleep. Draco waits another while before he moves from the bathtub, making sure to sit her unconscious body from falling under the water as he covers his lower half in a towel before placing a towel on their bed.

He returns to her side, pulling his wife's body gently from the water before sitting her on the bed and slowly drying her, then pulling some comfortable clothes on her. Quietly, Draco uses a soft towel to dry the ends of Y/n's hair that caught the bath water before moving her under the covers. Draco lays a faint kiss on her forehead, taking in her tired and soft features as she slept before getting ready for work, the feeling of contentment filling him that his wife was safely asleep in their shared bed.