You're Comfy

As Draco escapes to his dorm for some peace, his best friend Y/n joins to spend some time with him.

Implied depression, swearing

Draco hardly had a moment to himself. He was the Slytherin king of Hogwarts, his friends - or posse even - were always around to see his input, and if it weren't them, it was Harry Potter or some other lone Gryffindor that had nothing better do to than pester the blonde Slytherin. His life was chaotic, and he struggled to stay on top of things all the time. People bothering him in between the hours of classes, then the late nights studying away; his mind filled with the fear of his father's disappointment if he didn't get the top grade achievable.

So when he lies in his Prefect dorm, book in hand while his free arm lays behind his head added with complete and utter silence filling the room, he can't help but sigh in relief from the freedom that he can rarely escape to within the stone walls of the school, he finally had some serenity for a moment in his life.

Peacefulness is broken upon a knock on the door. Draco groans, his head hitting back to his pillow, huffing in frustration. He snaps a grumbled reply, "what? what do you want?". He lifts his head back up when the old wooden door squeaks open, revealing his best friend, Y/n, to which his hard and angry expression softens. Her head peeks in, pulling an amused expression before she walks in. "Someone's grumpy", she speaks, causing him to shake his head, "can you blame me? Crabbe has been doing my head in today, attached to my hip and complaining that he hasn't had lunch yet", "can you blame him? if you were skipping lunch then-", "he said that the first period after breakfast..." Draco interrupts her, trailing off, causing her to giggle in return, "I see".

Y/n walks over, jumping onto his bed. Draco's head turns to admire her as his arm moves from behind his head to his side instead. She lays on her front, elbows holding her up as her hair falls in front - she looks ravishing, as always. Y/n was the only person in this school he wasn't annoyed by. In fact, she calmed him down, unlike everyone else, just by her soft presence.

From the start of their friendship, she was able to help him through his dark moments; when he was studying in the early hours of the morning, she would pull him away as he needed rest, days where life became unbearable that Draco would breakdown, Y/n was there to hold him and tell him it would be okay, and life will get better. But, unfortunately, this didn't help with the unbearable crush he already had on her.

Not only was she nice and entirely gorgeous, but she was also helpful and smart and had a sense of humour that brought out the bright side Draco hide deep down. Every time spent with her, Draco fell desperately more in love with her. As it was hard not to.

Draco drags his eyes back to the black printed letters within the small collective parchment, not processing the sentences formed as he asks Y/n, "anyways, how was your day, love?". A small smile plays on his lips as he feels her delicate fingers trace over the skin of his arm. Draco wishes he kept on his white dress shirt instead of changing into the plain t-shirt as he was certain Y/n could feel the goosebumps that arise from her touch.

"It was okay, thank you. Snape said my potions essay was outstanding, and I am stepping in the right direction in time for exams" Y/n beams, causing him to raise one eyebrow in interest, "that's amazing, I guess receiving tutoring from the hottest boy in Hogwarts actually does pay off" teases Draco. He hears the girl laugh once again, causing a jump in his heart, "I guess it does, I'm surprised though as his handsomely good looks can be distracting at the worst of times", returns Y/n, causing Draco's eyes to lock to her in surprise of her flirtatious words. Is she trying to give me a heart attack?

Y/n purses her lips in pure humour from his reaction before moving onto her back to lay her head on his stomach. He adjusts his frame to lay slightly diagonal on the bed to make it easier for her to rest against him.

Suddenly the light humour between them falls, turning into a more serene atmosphere as Draco moves his book to see Y/n, who closes her eyes and stretches her arm to play with the baggy material of his comfortable trousers. He can't help but move his hand to her hair that sprawled out. Draco's fingers move gently from her scalp and through the texture of her hair as carefully as he could, and he can feel her getting heavier on his body from feeling relaxed at the activity.

For a while, they sat in complete silence, Draco playing kindly with Y/n's hair as he read further into his book while the girl lay her head on him, trying to rest from the day filled with more education. Draco is pulled from his reverie when she lets out a deep sigh, "you're comfy", she speaks.

A soft smile plays on Draco's face as he looks down at Y/n, her fingers still fiddling with his trouser leg as her bright eyes look back at him, her state looked more sleepy, but she still looked like an angel to Draco. "I'm glad you think so", Draco jokes. She rests her head again, closing her eyes. However, Draco's remain stuck on Y/n. She was so enchanting to him, a guardian angel sent to save him from the darkness that kept pulling him down. Y/n was that light he could see, overweighing everything bad in his life as all he could see was her. Y/n.

"My merlin, I love you," Draco thinks aloud, his hand ceases movement in her hair, and his eyes fall from their previous loving state to worry once he realises he didn't say that to himself. Her eyes open again, body turning in his to lay on her stomach once more, eyes searching his for an explanation as Draco thinks of how he could come back from his complete fuck up.

"Fuck, I'm sorry, Y/n. I didn't mean that," the Slytherin boy utters. Y/n's arm that lay on his stomach is nudged once he sits up to his headboard, running his hands over his face as he feels his face heat up in embarrassment. I've ruined everything.

However, Draco feels her soft hands pull his wrists to see his face again. She is now sat up herself as her delicate expression helps calm Draco down. "You didn't mean it?" Y/n questions causing Draco to groan at her saddened tone, "well, I did mean it, I do love you, I just- I just didn't mean to blurt it out there". Draco sighs in anxiousness when she begins to laugh heartedly, "good because that would've been a shame if you didn't since I am completely in love with you".

Draco's face falls when he looks at her happy expression upon her confession, "what?". He couldn't believe for a second that the girl he has fallen for was also saying she loved him back, but when she repeats her words, Draco immediately moves forward to gently hold her face, eyes dragging over every inch of her artistic face before he crashes his lips to her in a passionate kiss, everything he feels for Y/n spilling out into the kiss as their lips move desperately against each other.

Y/n's hand moves to hold the wrist of Draco's that cups her jaw, smiling in pure joy as they slow down, Draco returning a chuckle as he pulls away to rest his forehead against hers, eyes closed as he lays a much softer kiss against her lips.

After he pulls away, Y/n instantly moves to lay beside him. Draco's arms hover above in disbelief of what's happening as she settles into his side and lays her head on the boy's chest, looking up at him with sheer love as he returns the look with such drive as his arm moves to hold her close to him.

"I mean it when I say you're comfy, very comfy", Y/n lightly jokes once again as Draco kisses the top of her head, "and I mean it when I say I'm in love with you".